Chapter 1 - Brielle's Early Years

Hey guys! Before we begin the chapter, I just wanted to make it clear what it would be like for a few chapters so there is no confusion. We will be taking a trip down memory lane where you will read bits and pieces of Brielle's life growing up, starting when she turned 10 and got to meet her wolf up until she reached the age of 18.

Okay, now on to the chapter! Enjoy! 💛

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

*Third Person POV*

(10 Years Old)

"It's time to wake up Ellie," Estelle Lightwood, Brielle's mother, spoke softly as she walked into Brielle's room. 

Estelle could clearly see that Brielle was already awake due to her breathing pattern that she can hear thanks to her werewolf hearing. Estelle quietly went and sat near Brielle on the bed, but Brielle still continued to act asleep. Estelle grabbed the feather pen on Brielle's bedside table and gently swiped it under her nose and into her ear. Brielle let a quiet giggle slip, but the child still wouldn't open her eyes. Estelle got up and walked towards the door, pretending as if she had given up on waking her.

"Okay, I guess my little Ellie doesn't want to wake up. She will just have to miss out on her favorite pancakes," Estelle teased.

"Pancakes! I'm awake Momma, I'm awake!" Brielle shouted as she rushed out of bed. Looks like Estelle's teasing did the trick.
"Well come on Momma! It's pancake time!" Brielle exclaimed in glee as she dragged Estelle down the stairs and in the direction of the kitchen where the smell of pancakes was wafting in the air.

"Slow down Honey, there are plenty of pancakes for you no need to rush," Estelle stated in amusement at her daughter's eagerness.

"Not if Daddy is already there!" Brielle stated.

True to her statement, Brielle's father, Vincent Lightwood was already half way done with the stack of pancakes Estelle had left on the counter.

"See I told ya Momma! Daddy eats everything."

"Vinny! Those were for Ellie!" Estelle scolded her mate.

"They just smelled so good, I'm sorry Jelly Belly," Vincent said, pulling puppy eyes in Brielle's direction. 

"It's ok Daddy. I forgive you. I know how good they are," Brielle caved.

"Thank you Sweetheart," Vincent said as he kissed the top of Brielle's head.

"I'll make another batch just for you Ellie," Estelle said as she cooked the remaining mix in the bowl.

"Thanks Momma, I just love your strawberry and banana pancakes!" 

"Here you go Honey," Estelle placed a fresh batch of pancakes in front of Brielle. "Happy Birthday my little Ellie," she said as she placed a kiss on her cheek.

"It's my Birthday!" Brielle exclaimed in realization.

"It is. Happy Birthday Jelly Belly! You know what happens today?" Vincent asked.

Brielle lets out a small gasp and then jumps out of her seat in joy. "I get my wolf today!"

"Yes, you do. You should start to feel her soon and when she's ready, she'll introduce herself," Estelle explained to her overjoyed daughter.

"I can't wait to have a forever friend!" Brielle shrieked with delight.

'Neither can I.'

"Who said that?" Brielle asked as she looked around the room in search of the mystery voice.