Chapter 23 - Bad News

*Brielle's POV*

"Well Devin, what's this big news you have to share?"

"I'll tell you in just a bit," he muttered, turning to look at the door.

As if on cue, in walked Tyler, Adrian, Max, Noah and even Stephan. Noah and Stephan both stayed by the door almost as if guarding it. Tyler and Max come to stand on either side of me and Adrian stands off to the side. 

"What the hell is going on? Weren't you off with Emma?" I ask Tyler.

"No, it was an excuse to leave and gather everyone as Devin requested."

I turn my questioning gaze over to Devin. Freya was on edge. 

"I asked them to be here for what I am about to tell you," Devin explains. 

"So, they already know?"

"No, he wouldn't tell us what it was about, just that we needed to be here," Tyler states.

"To hear the news or to detain me?" I ask, catching on to Devin's intentions.

"Mostly to detain you, but they should also hear this," Devin admits. 

"Well get on with it."

He looks over at the guys, who give him a curt nod in return. 

"Okay, well after you guys returned home, Alpha Pierce went to talk to my dad. I wasn't in the room for the initial conversation. I was helping Aunt Viv in the kitchen when I just felt this immense feeling of rage overcome me, but I knew it wasn't really my feelings. I was feeling dad's anger through our shared bond. I immediately took off to find him because I have never felt this amount of anger coming from him. I found him in his office, real close to shifting and loosing his shit. Alpha Pierce and his Beta were in there too. My first priority was to calm dad down before he lashed out," he began to summarize. 

Freya became more alert and came forward at the mention of Alpha Pierce. I tried to calm my nerves and gestured for Devin to continue. He hesitated and looked over at Tyler and the rest of the group, who came in closer, circling me. 

'Don't they know they shouldn't cage in an already anxious wolf,' Freya voiced angrily. 

"Just get on with it Devin. Your hesitation is only making Freya flare up."

"After I managed to calm my dad down, I asked what had gotten him so angry. He told me that Alpha Pierce had found some of Jack Pierce's old files and what was in them was very important. He then gestured for me to take a look. After reading and seeing what was in those files, I lost it. I almost lashed out at Alpha Pierce until dad calmed me down and made me see reason."

"Damn it Devin! Just get to the point," I stated, getting fed up with his stalling. 

He was only making Freya worse and I'm already struggling to keep her calm. I felt Tyler and Max place their hands on my shoulders, preparing to keep me down.

"Bri, those files had to do with the attack on Blue Moon 3 years ago. Al-" 

As soon as those words left his mouth, I bolted out of my chair. Tyler and Max were quick to grab and contain me. Freya was already on the surface and I knew my eyes had shifted color. 

"What did those files say," I gritted out.

"They had routes and letters along with some pictures. Everything in there showed how Jack Pierce helped the rogues break in and attack. Inside were pictures of your parents along with some ultrasound pictures. Jack Pierce has been working with the Rogue Alpha the whole time. He had strategically ordered small attacks to neighboring packs to move up the Alpha meeting to get your father out of the pack. Alpha Pierce-"