Chapter 17 - More Explanations

*Brielle's POV*

As soon as my uncle closes the door to his office, I start demanding answers.

"What the hell were they talking about?! Why weren't you on my side? Are they a threat? Should I plan to eliminates two Alphas?!" I shoot question after question not letting him get a word in.

"Brielle stop!" he bursts out before apologizing and asking me to take a seat. "First of, you scare the hell out of me. You were really ready to take down two alphas?"

"Yes."

"You had no hesitation on that one," he says giving me a weary look.

"It's not like I'd do it out of pleasure. I'm not that ruthless uncle. But if they are a threat to my pack, I will not hesitate to wipe them out, or anyone for that matter," I affirm.

"You are really an amazing, strong Alpha. Vinny would be proud," he claims with pride, his eyes a little misty.

"Thank you, it means a lot coming from you," I say with a genuine smile. "Anyway, enough of this mushy talk. You still haven't answered my questions."

"Way to ruin the moment," he says rolling his eyes playfully. At my deadpan look he lets out a sigh and mumbles something along the lines of me not being fun, before he starts giving me my answers. "Ok, to ease your mind, I'll start of by  saying that Alpha Gonzales and Alpha Smith are no threat. It's actually quite the opposite."

"Okay good. I really wasn't looking forward to their deaths, not when the Rogue Alpha is out there. If they aren't a threat, then why were they being weird?" I question, feel relieved they weren't a possible enemy. I have too many of those already to continue adding to the list.

"They weren't being weird. They just assumed you already knew. Your father-"

"Knew what? What about my father?"

"Damn it Brielle! Would you let me finish answering before you ask more questions!" he cries out in frustration.

I give him a sheepish smile and gesture for him to continue. It feels weird being scolded, since it's been a while since anyone has done so. It's not like my pack would scold their Alpha.

"As I was saying, a long time ago when you were about 10, your father got word that the Rogue Alpha was getting close and knew who and where the she-wolf in the prophecy was. Your father and mother were worried something would happen to you. Although the Blue Moon pack was one of the strongest even then, your father didn't think it was enough. Even though, he never wanted anyone outside the pack and family to know your secret, he had to seek help in order to keep you safe. Blue Moon had ties with both the Lunar Wolves and the Celestial packs that went way back to the first Alphas, so he reached out to them. He sought out help from the former Alphas and explained everything to them. It was a risk, but your father trusted them, and he was right to. They agreed to keep your secret and help when the time came. That is why when the attack 3 years ago happened, they were there helping to fight off the rogues."

"Why didn't my father tell me this?"

"I don't really have an answer for that. Only he knows. I can only assume it was to not worry you and let you enjoy your life as much as you can. You were still a kid who had to live differently due to who you were, so he didn't want to add anymore weight on your little shoulders."

"So I'm assuming the former Alphas filled their kids in on the secret," I ask, more like stated the obvious.

"Yes. A year before their kids turned 18, they had a meeting with your father and it was agreed they should know to continue helping to keep you safe and lend a hand if needed. You have my word that you can trust them. Your father and mother did, so I'm sure it's safe to."