Chapter 28 - Not Again

*Brielle's POV*

I was woken up by Tyler and Emma in the morning. They came barging into my room at around 7 in the morning, just as I had managed to fall asleep. I wouldn't have been bothered as I'm usually up way before 7am, but not today. I didn't get a wink of sleep as the pain of the heat came and went throughout the night. It wasn't as bad thanks to the elixir Dr. Grant prescribed me, but it still wasn't enough to ease the pain fully. Emma apologized profusely when she realized I hadn't gotten any sleep. Tyler, on the other hand, didn't care as he proceeded to drag me out of bed, even when he got scolded by Emma. 

So now here I am, fighting to keep my eyes open as I watched Emma move around my kitchen. Although I was feeling slightly better, she didn't want me to exert myself. She forced me to sit back and relax while she made me breakfast. I knew that as her Alpha, I could just kick her out and ignore her requests, but I held back. First of all, I was too tired to argue with her. Secondly, she was too sweet of a person that I felt bad telling her no. Tyler had left shortly after he filled me in on today's agenda. He let me know that he will be checking back in later in the day to report back on how the pack was doing. There were still some mated warriors stationed outside my cabin as a precaution. 

Emma set a plate stacked high with pancakes, bacon and fried eggs paired with a glass of fresh orange juice. I thanked her before I dug in, offering her a seat to eat breakfast with me. We chatted mindlessly as we ate, going from one topic to the other. She made sure to steer clear from asking me anything too personal. She stuck with questions regarding the pack and basic information about me like my favorite color and such. After we finished our breakfast, I took the indicated drops of elixir as the pain resurfaced. Once the aching subsided, we decided to watch a movie and lounge around in the living room. I tried telling her multiple times that she didn't need to wait on me all day, but she insisted on staying. 

Around noon, Emma convinced me to let her prepare lunch for us and left me alone on the couch. I was starting to get frustrated and bored as I was not used to just sitting around all day with nothing to do. I decided to get up and head to my home office and try to get some work done before my insufferable heat prevents me from doing anything. 

"I'm going to head up to my office," I announce to Emma, who was still busy in the kitchen.

"Okay, let me know if you need anything," she responded.

I had barely made it up 4 steps before a wave of dizziness hit me. I gripped on to the railing and tried to steady myself. My vision began to blur, black dots appearing and floating around me. A migraine began to form and my breathing increased. My heart was pounding against my ribcage. I felt a shooting pain in my mouth as my canines protruded from my gums and my claws elongated from my fingertips. A glimpse into the mirror hanging on the wall by the staircase showed my wolf eyes. My body hurled forward as pain sprouted throughout my body, sending me pummeling into the stairs. I tried taking deep breaths in as it felt like my lungs were being crushed and I was loosing air. I tried to call out to Emma, but I only managed to get a wheeze out. My body was suddenly surrounded in a red hue and I was starting to feel sluggish. I could feel myself loosing consciousness as my vision darkened. Right before I succumbed to the darkness, I heard a gasp and Emma shout my name and then there was nothing but a dark void. 

I couldn't see a thing as my subconscious floated around in this dark abyss.  After who knows how long, a glowing, blinding white light appeared far of in the distance. My body was suddenly thrusted forward as I neared the glowing light. Once I was close enough, the light expanded and shined brighter causing me to shut my eyes. I slowly opened my eyes once I felt the light dim to notice I was kneeling in the middle of a field covered in wild flowers. I tried to move around but found I was unable to. This could only mean one thing.