Chapter 27 - Not Possible

*Brielle's POV*

After ending my call with Alpha Peirce, I wasn't able to get any work done. Since there was no point in trying to regain focus, I decided it was time to face the consequences of my actions. I left my office and headed straight for the pack's hospital, overcome with anxiety. As soon as I walked in, the staff bowed before me and I gave them a curt nod in acknowledgment. I glanced around until I spotted Dr. Grant turning the corner. He must have sensed me as he immediately looked up and began making his way towards me.

"Alpha, it's so good to see you. Is there anything I can do for you?" he greeted with a warm smile.

"Just checking in to see how they were doing," I respond. I didn't need to specify who I was referring to as he caught on.

"They are fully recovered. No lasting injuries or long term difficulties. Like I had stated the last time you asked, it didn't seem like Freya was really trying to hurt them. It was more like she was just trying to get them out of her way. All they suffered were a few cuts and bruises and the occasion broken bone, but nothing to worry about. Everything has fully healed and they will be discharged tomorrow," he informed.

"Thank you. Would it be possible for me to see them?" I hesitantly asked.

"Of course, Alpha. They have actually been requesting to see you. They wanted to make sure you were alright."

My heart warmed at the fact that they weren't upset with me. It was quickly turned into guilt. They were too loyal that even after I hurt them, intentional or not, they were worried about me even when they were the ones injured. I followed Dr. Grant down the hall until we stopped outside one of the many rooms in this wing. I swallowed the lump in my throat before stepping into the room. Three pairs of eyes were on me as I moved further into the room, feeling awkward not knowing what to say. My thoughts were a jumbled mess trying to come up with something to say. That's when Stephan broke out in a grin as he sat up straighter in his bed. 

"I'm glad we didn't loose you Alpha. I would hate to have Beta Tyler as a replacement," he attempts to joke, probably feeling how nervous I was.

I crack a smile and the other two join in. "I wanted to apologize for my recklessness. I didn't mean to hurt any of you. I lost control of my wolf, but that is no excuse, therefore I give you all my deepest apologies. If there is anything you guys need or that I can do, please let me know. I will try to comply with whatever it is."

"We know you didn't mean any harm. Freya did warn us multiple times, but we weren't willing to back down and loose our Alpha again. You don't owe us anything. We are all fine, but we appreciate the thought, Alpha," Brian declares. He was the wolf on patrol that day.

"Yeah, like they both said, we are just glad to have you with us Alpha. Beta Tyler would not be able to lead this pack as well as you. He would be too consumed in the pack's  gossip to actually get work done," Kevin voiced, causing us all to chuckle.

 I knew I wasn't the only one who knew of Tyler's love for drama and gossip. I stayed for a little while longer chatting with them until their mates and family members showed up with food and other things. They insisted I stay and join them for dinner, but I politely declined and took my leave. I was finally at peace knowing I didn't cause too much damage, but I still had some pent of frustration from today's conversations and everything else that has happened. I decide to head back to my home gym and work some of this irritation out. 

Just as I made it to my front porch, I suddenly doubled over in pain. It literally knocked the air out of my lungs. I had felt this slight pain in my chest earlier, but I had ignored it, and now it was back and stronger. What the hell is happening? I stumble my way inside the cabin, not wanting anyone from my pack to see me in this state. I didn't even make it to the living room before I collapsed on the cold floor in pain. The pain began to spread throughout my whole body and it felt like I was burning from the inside out. Sweat dripped down my body, drenching my clothes as they clung to my skin uncomfortably. I groaned out in pain as I tried to take deep breathes in to try and calm my racing heart that felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.