Chapter 10 - The Alpha Meeting: Part One

*Brielle's POV*

"Bri, please reconsider this decision, I believe you're making a big mistake. Your parents hid you away for a reason," Tyler insisted as we entered my office, causing me to let out a warning growl at his disrespect.

"Tyler you are my best friend, but I am still your Alpha," I stated.

"You're right I'm sorry Alpha," Tyler bowed, "But please think it  over again. This is coming as your best friend and Beta."

"I know you mean well, but my decision is final. And please refrain from mentioning my parents in my presence again, especially if it revolves around this stupid legend," I bit out.

"Right, sorry again. With your permission, I'll take my leave," Tyler bowed before exiting my office.

'You didn't have to be so curt with him,' Freya voices.

'It wasn't my intention, but things need to change.'

'What kind of things?'

'Things within me. I need to stop taking action based on my emotions instead of my logic. We can't afford to go on another killing spree, not when the consequences are too high. I fear if it were to happen again, we won't be the only ones affected.'

'Is this about what Mother said to you regarding your path?'

'Yes, mainly, but it also has to do with what she said regarding our so called Mate,' I muttered, causing Freya to wince at the reminder of our rejection.

'She did say everything will fall into place. We just need to trust in Mother.'

'Easier said than done.'

'Just promise me you won't shut down again. Our pack needs us, they need the strong Alpha I know we can be.'

'Only if you promise to never shut me out again. If we don't keep our communication, we won't be as one and that is what causes us to unhinge.'

'I promise,' we declare in sync.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

(Morning of the Alpha meeting)

'Alpha, we are all packed and ready to go,' Adrian linked.

'Thank you Adrian,' I replied before cutting the link.

"Are you sure you still want to do this? You still have time to back out."

Once again, Tyler voiced his disagreement with my decision to come out of hiding. I could feel Freya start to get hostile. She feels as if Tyler doesn't trust us as his Alpha to make decisions.

"Tyler, this is the last time I want to have this discussion with you. My decision is final. Are you questioning my capability as Alpha?" I couldn't help the slight growl from Freya slipping into my tone.

"Of course not Bri! You know I'll always be loyal to you. I just don't want us to possibly have to bury another Alpha in such a short time span."

"I understand, but this is something that needs to be done. I know the risk and I'm willing to go through with it. If I don't, the outcome will be much worse."

"Okay, I trust you."

"Thank you. Now let's go and get this over with."

We both make our way downstairs where the five black SUVs are packed and loaded. Four of them are filled with our pack warriors. The last one will be transporting my Beta, Delta, two pack warriors and myself. Tyler's dad, Max, will be staying behind to look after the rest of the pack.