Chapter 30 - Make Up Your Mind

*Matthew's POV*

'Are you stupid?! Don't call her and demand she joins us for the training!' Silas chastise as he has been doing for the past hour.

'She needs to be there. How else am I going to get to the bottom of my investigation? I need to get this figured out and the sooner I do the sooner I can put a stop to it,' I try to make him see things my way.

'Just leave the poor girl alone. As much as I would love to see her again, you can't go demanding things. It is none of our concern why she decided not to go.'

'I'm calling her,' I finalize, ignoring his persuasions. 

'Why did the Goddess pair me with such an incompetent human,' he groans before retreating. 

Whatever, I know what I'm doing. With that said, I pick up the landline in my home office and dial her number. It continues to ring and just as I think she won't answer, the call connects.

"Alpha Grey speaking," she answers and for some odd reason it causes a jolt in my chest as my heart races.

"Hello Alpha Grey, it's Alpha Peirce," I  greet after calming my racing heart and clearing my throat.

There is a pause and I begin to think the call disconnected. Just as I was about to hang up and try again, she speaks up.

"Hello, Alpha Peirce. What can I do for you?"

"I don't mean any disrespect, but I think it would be best if you present yourself at the training instead of your Beta. I'm sure he can handle it, but since I'll be there myself, it's only fair you come as well," I state, trying not to make it come off as a command. 

"Well Alpha, you don't have to go either so I don't see what that has to do with me," she remarks, making heat rush up my neck with embarrassment. "Regardless, I was going to call you anyway to let you know that I have changed my mind. I will be in attendance for the training next week."

"Oh umm, ok good. I'll see you then," I mutter and quickly end the call.

'Way to go. All that time thinking about what to say and you still made a foul of yourself,' Silas mocks.

I block him out knowing he had a point. What the hell was that? I've never been one to get nervous and blubber embarrassingly. She must think I'm an idiot now.

'I've been telling you that,' Silas declares, getting through my block. 

I raise the block up higher and make it more solid. I do not need his constant comments. We are literally suppose to be on the same side and work together, but it seems the Goddess gave me a defected wolf. Silas always makes it his goal to berate me and call me stupid at every turn. Whatever, even if I did just embarrass myself, I still got what I wanted. She will be attending and I will get whatever information I can. 

I decide to leave my office and head down to my home gym and work off some pent up frustration. I have been having blue balls for the past 2 days since the little incident with Vanessa. I was too mortified to hit her up again and it seemed she felt the same way as she hasn't hit me up like she used to. When I would pass her in the pack house she would give me a sly smirk before going the other way. It was starting to get on my nerves. I can't let her think my junk doesn't work. As stupid as it may sound, it's hurting my pride and ego. I'll show her, fuck the gym I have other outlets.

~Me: Hey. Come over tonight 😏~

~Vanessa: Sorry, Alpha but I can't tonight. Raincheck? 😘~

What the fuck? She has never turned me down before. Damn that woman! This has never happened to me before until she showed up. I don't bother to reply as I toss my phone on the couch and continue my journey to the gym. Looks like I'll have to work off my sexual frustration as I don't have any other choice.