Chapter 21 - Home Sweet Home

*Brielle's POV*

Finally, after 3 agonizing hours of tolerating Tyler and Adrian, we finally made it back home.  I didn't even wait for the car to come to a full stop before bolting out the door. I inhaled the clean and familiar scent of my territory. I can feel my bond with the land crackle and come to life as it traveled through my veins as I released the block I had up since I stepped over my boarder. It feels good to be back home where there are no secrets to be kept and where needing to look over my shoulder.

"Oh come on Bri. You're being over dramatic," Tyler claims as he steps out of the vehicle with Adrian in tow.

"I don't blame our Alpha. You guys are annoying and you both farted and stunk up the whole car. Not even lowering the windows helped," Stephen, a warrior, comments.

"Thank you Stephen," I say, glaring at Tyler and Adrian.

"My apologies Alpha. Tyler made me, I swear," Adrian defends.

"What?! The betrayal!" Tyler dramatically exclaims.  

"I need a break from you two," I state walking away from dumb and dumber. "If you anyone need me I'll be in my office."

With that said, I left both buffoons behind to bicker amongst themselves and made my way to the pack house.

'Max, please meet me in my office,' I link.

'Yes, Alpha. I'll be there in a few.'

I make my way through the pack house, greeting the members I pass on my way. I feel at peace being back on familiar grounds, but I guess it's not the same for Faye. For some reason she feels restless and won't tell me why, but I have a feeling it has to do with a certain blue eyed Alpha.

I step into my office and immediately begin to organize the files left on my desk. I begin going over a few documents and signing those that required my signature. I was trying to focus, but my mind was occupied with thoughts of Alpha Pierce. I hate that ever since we crossed paths, he has taken up the majority of my thoughts. With everything going on, I need to have my full attention on this impending war with the Rogue Alpha.

A knock on the door interrupts my train of thoughts. I can smell Max on the other side.

"Come in."

"Sorry I'm late. Training ran a bit longer than I planned," Max says as he steps through the door.

"No worries, I was just going over some documents."

"We missed you here. It's good to have you back."

"It's good to be back. Any updates since I was gone?"

"Not much has happened. All reports are on your desk whenever you have time to look those over. Training has been going great. The pups are learning fast and have fairly impressed me," he informs.

"I'm glad everything is running smoothly. I would like to come to a training session to oversee the pups," I state. 

"I'm sure the pups would like that. They'll feel the pressure of having their Alpha watching, but that will only drive them to do better."

A year after the attack, I made it a priority to start training our pups at a younger age then we used to. We wouldn't train the pups until they turned 16, when they get their wolves as their healing is sped up. Now we start training them at 10, when their wolves first make an appearance. We don't train them as vigorously as the older wolves, but enough for them to hold their own, at least until help can get to them. I hope it doesn't come to the day they would have to use those skills, but we can never be too safe.