Chapter 12 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Three

*Matthew Peirce's POV* (Surprise!)

(Before the meeting)

"Alpha, we are all ready to go," my Beta, Aiden states.

"I'll meet you down there. I'm almost done reviewing these documents," I respond.

"Yes Alpha," he bows before exiting my office.

I can't help my eyes from drifting to the empty spot on my desk where a picture frame used to sit. It has been years, and yet the pain still feels fresh.

'We can't let that pain continue to haunt us,' my wolf Silas says.

'I can't help it. I've asked you to shut it off and you refuse. How is it that your ok? You lost her too,' I question, slightly resentful.

'I've told you before, Mother told me she has something better planned for us. We have to trust in that. I'm sorry but I will continue to stick to my decision to deny your request. We've seen what shutting it off does to people and their wolves.'

I don't bother to reply as I gather my things and head downstairs. I make sure to mask my emotions before reaching the vehicles parked out front. I get inside the SUV that will be transporting only me and Aiden along with the driver.

"Let's go. We have a long drive to the Crescent Pack," I instruct the driver.

"So, I heard that Alpha Gray is going to be present at today's meeting," Aiden informs me.

"Really? I must say I'm shocked. It has been, what like 3 years since he took the position. He made quite a name for himself."

"Yeah, I'm surprised he hasn't made an appearance sooner," Aiden comments.

"Well he was busy making a name for himself. His reputation as Blood Alpha has reached every pack, even those outside our area. It seems he enjoys the name given to him since he went on to change the pack name from Blue Moon to Blood Moon," I mention. "Although, I must say I admire his work ethic. Unfortunately, his pack has out ranked us, leaving us in second best, but not for long."

The conversation dies there as silence envelopes the car once more. My mind, however, stays on the topic of Alpha Lightwood. Why has he decided to come out of hiding and why now?

(At the Crescent Pack)

The vehicle comes to a slow stop as I notice we are the first ones here. I glance down at my watch and notice we have arrived an hour before the meeting is to start. Aiden excuses himself to go to the restroom as I pull out my laptop to continue my work. I ask the driver to slightly crack open the windows as it was getting stuffy.

I hear the sound of tires pulling up as they grind against the the gravel. I look out the window to see 5 SUVs pulling up behind our vehicle. I can hear as the doors swing open, followed by a familiar voice.

"Ugh finally! My legs were cramping up. I don't get why I couldn't sit up front and Adrian in the back. I have longer legs than him! And being squished back there made me press into my bladder and I have been needing to pee so bad, but someone didn't want to stop."

I knew that voice belonged to the Blood Moon's Beta, Tyler. Although, I am taken aback with his child like behavior. It is a drastic change from how he acts when he joins the Alpha meetings. I tune out to the rest of the exchange between the newcomers as I focus back to my work at hand. About 20 minutes go by when a new voice drifts in through the gap of my window, a voice I quite despise.

"Well, well, well. Didn't think I would be seeing you again. I must say this is a very unpleasant surprise," I make out the irking voice belonging to Aaron Miller, the so called Alpha of the Eclipse pack.