Chapter 24 - Rogues

*Brielle's POV*

Rogues. Their scent is unmistakable. You can detect the distinct smell of rotting flesh and death from miles away. I could sense everyone was on high alert now, and Freya focused her attention in the direction the scent was coming from. She was still in a frenzied state, but her anger is now being directed to the rogues. After all, they are the main reason for her resentment. As weird as it sounds, I am glad they showed up. Freya can now take out her anger on someone who deserves it and we won't harm anymore pack members. Freya finally allowed me some control back, but not enough. We both knew we needed a clear head and while she is focused on killing, I can focus on the safety of our pack. 

'I don't want anyone to panic, but we have a small rogue issue. I need all available warriors to meet me by the clearing 30 minutes South of the pack house. The remaining warriors need to stay back and make sure everyone is kept safe. Those unable to fight along with the children must be escorted to the panic room in the pack house. Now,' I ordered the pack through the link. 

I glanced back at Tyler who gave me a nod, understanding my silent command. He understood that I wanted them to hang back and let Freya have at it. She needed this and hopefully she will release some pent up anger and be calm enough for me to gain full control. I turned and took off in the direction the horrid smell was coming from. Serval paws pounded the ground behind me and I knew Tyler and the rest were right on my tail. We came to an abrupt stop as soon as the rogues came into view a few feet away from us. There were about 10 of them and only 5 of us, meaning we each can take on 2, but Freya is more than willing to have all the fun herself. The rogues let out growls as they inched closer to us causing the guys to let growls of their own. They were about to move forward, but Freya whipped around and let out a warning growl in their direction. 

'Bri, I'm not doubting your ability to take them all on, but are you sure?' Tyler asks. I can feel his hesitation and worry through the link.

'It's not really my choice right now. Freya needs this and she's certain she can take them on. For your guys' sake, stand back and let her have this one.'

Freya turned us back around to face the rogues who were advancing on us. Tyler barked out at Adrian who tried to flank my left. Adrian stopped in his tracks and moved back to stand on guard with Tyler, Max and Noah. Freya stomped her right paw into the ground, making a loud thud as she roared out towards the rogues who were drawing near. They stopped advancing momentarily at the sound in momentary fear before they snapped out of it and continued making their way towards us. I sat back and let Freya at it, hoping this works out in our favor. 

Freya didn't wait for them to get closer as she dashed forward taking the closest one by surprise as she grabbed him from the neck with her teeth. She bit down hard until she heard a snap. She shook him around until he went limp before she throw him against the rogues who were coming her way. They pushed the dead body to the side without a care for their fallen companion before they charged at us at the same time. At the last second, we jumped over them both causing them to ram into each other. While those two composed themselves, a she-wolf tried sneaking up on us, but Freya whipped around clawed at her face, managing to rip one of her ears clean off. The she-wolf whimpered in pain before she tried coming at us once again, but she was sloppy. Freya bit into her exposed side and ripped out a chunk of fur covered flesh from her rib area. The other two wolves got back into the action. One of them jumped onto our back, biting into the back of our necks with its claws deep into our ribcage. Freya shook him off, but the other one managed to bite into out hindleg. Tyler moved to assist, but she growled out in warning. This was Freya's fight and hers alone. 

I could hear the sound of serval paws as they neared us. I could sense it was the warriors from our pack. They were about to jump into the fight, but Tyler and Max held them off. The Warriors glanced over at me with concern, but they obeyed their orders even though I can feel their wolves itching to aid their Alpha. Freya ignored the warriors as she focused on the rogues in front of her. The rest of the rogues started pouring in as they ganged up on us. Freya kept shaking them off as they bit and clawed at us. At last, Freya had enough. I was suddenly consumed with a massive ball of energy that surrounded us in a red hue before it exploded causing the rogues to be flung off and sent crashing into trees and boulders. Some of them were killed with the impact while others were just severely injured. Sadly, some scraped by without much but a few bruises. Unfortunately, my pack members were also affected by the blast, but thankfully they weren't harmed as they were a good distance away.