Chapter 26 - Change of Plans

*Brielle's POV*

After a while I managed to pull myself together and make sure there is no trace of tears. I contemplated giving Alpha Peirce a call back, but decided against it. Freya was fully on board with us calling him.

'I still think you should. I mean he was worried about us.'

'We can't be sure about that. Tyler and Devin are known to be liars, especially when it comes to teasing me.'

'It wouldn't hurt to just call him. We can call him under some false pretense like he did, except we won't fumble it.'

'No. We have other things to worry about. He is not high on my priority list, heck he isn't even on my list.'

'You aren't fooling anyone, especially not me. You forget we share the same body. I can feel your heart beat spike every time we catch sight of him. You're just lucky we have that new ability where we can hide our scent along with our heart beat from others.'

'Shut up.' I put up my block, not in the mood to listen to her nonsense.

'I need everyone to please head to the pack house's back yard, immediately,' I link everyone through the pack link.

I push all thoughts of Alpha Peirce to the back of my mind as I head out of my office. My pack should be and will always be my top priority and right now they need answers to what has happened. Unfortunately, I don't have those answers, but as their Alpha, I still need to keep them in the loop and offer some sort of explanation for the recent events. I take some deep breaths and straighten up before stepping outside, ceasing all conversations. I hold my head high as I walk through the sea of people and stand behind the podium. I clear my throat and try to calm my beating heart as everyone gives me their undivided attention.

I look out across the crowd, me eyes instantly finding Devin's and Tyler's who both give me encouraging smiles. Their supports calms my rapid heart beat. I take a moment to gather my thoughts before speaking into the microphone.

"I apologize for tearing you away from anything important, but I didn't want this to wait any longer. I know some of you may still be slightly frightened with the news of rogues crossing into our territory. No need to worry as they have been taken care of. I know we have not experienced any rogue sightings in a few years, but it is to be expected. As I had explained at our last meeting, me coming out as the Alpha of this pack, we knew that meant we were going to be targeted. I promise that no harm will come to any of you. I will fight to my last breath to ensure no one is hurt and history doesn't repeat itself. We are to expect more Rogues showing up, which is why I have reinstated curfews and the buddy system. Training will be extended and more rigorous for when they do come for us, we will put up a great fight. I am proud to be the Alpha of such a strong, loyal and resilient pack. I can confidently say, we can over come anything as long as we work together. I don't know what is to be expected with this impending war hanging over us, but I would appreciate having you by my side when the time comes. However, I don't want you to feel inclined or pressured into a war that you didn't ask for," I announce, insuring I make eye contact with each member as I try to convey my gratitude.

Before I can continue, everyone stands up with their right fist over their heart as they simultaneously take a knee. This move has been in our pack for years. It is to show our Alpha that we are with them to the end and they have our full trust and loyalty. I've seen it done to my grandfather and my dad when they were Alphas, so for it to be happening to me now is a great honor.

"It would be our honor to fight besides you, Alpha. There was never any doubt that we would lay our life down as you would for us," Max speaks up.

I give him a firm nod as a form of appreciation, which he returns. Suddenly, every member of my pack breaks out in howls of agreement. I push down the tears that threaten to spill as their loyalty and acceptance flows through me over the link.