Chapter 9 - Pack Meeting

*Brielle's P.O.V*

I could hear murmuring voices around me, unable to make out whose they belonged to. I tried to open my eyes, but they instinctively shut once they came into contact with the harsh light. 

"Someone dim the lights," I made out Tyler's voice.

As the light's dimmed I slowly opened my eyes and allowed then to adjust before sitting up. I glance around the room to see the faces of my Beta & Delta, filled with concern.

"We need to have a pack meeting asap," I state turning to face Tyler.

"Are you sure? Maybe you should rest up for a little while longer. I'm sure the meeting can wait," he suggest.

"I'm perfectly fine. This meeting cannot wait. I have news that will impact this pack, therefore, they must be informed of what is about to happen."

"What exactly is about to happen and what did happen earlier?" Tyler asks.

"It will all be revealed at the meeting, but I will say that I have been visited by our Moon Goddess."

"Wait what?! Why?" Tyler questions in shock.

"Like I said I'll tell you everything at the meeting. Adrian can you please gather everyone to the backyard. Make sure to tell them everyone's attendance is required, no excuses," I instruct my Delta.

"Yes, Alpha," he replies with a bow before exiting the room.

"Are you sure you're okay Bri? I know you're the mighty, strong Alpha, but you've been unconscious for like 10 hours. It's ok if you want to take it easy for a bit," Tyler asks once it's just me and him in the room.

10 Hours?! How was I out for 10 hours? It felt like max an hour that I was in the Goddess' realm.

'Time works differently in Mother's realm. A day there is like a lifetime here in the mortal world.'

'Freya?! Where have you been?'

'My apologies Bri. When in Mother's realm, the wolf separates from its human so we can visit our former home.'

'I thought I had lost you,' I admit.

'Never. I'll always be here. I vowed this years ago and will commit to it.'

"Bri? You kind of zoned out on me," Tyler voices, bringing my attention back to him.

"Oh, sorry. I was talking to Freya, but to answer your question, yes I'm ok."

'Alpha, everyone is gathered in the conference room waiting on your arrival,' Adrian links.

'Thank you. We'll be down in a minute,' I respond before shutting off the link.

"We must get to the meeting now. What I have to say is really important and can't wait longer."

"Should I be nervous?" Tyler questions.

"Maybe."

With that we both head down and make our way out to the backyard, where I'll be sharing my huge decision with my pack. I know no one will be ready for this, but my pack is strong and will accommodate to the situation. I just hope I'm doing the right thing with trusting the Moon Goddess, despite her status.

I can hear the confused murmuring voices of my pack members. With my enhanced hearing, I can clearly hear the conversation shared between them. I catch a member ask what is so important that they all had been called for this meeting. I hear another member respond saying if I called the meeting then it must be for a good and important reason. It slightly warmed my stone shelled heart to hear how my pack has put their trust in me. I just pray I don't disappoint them.

Tyler slides open the glass door, allowing me to go out first. Everyone falls silent as soon as my pack feels my presence. They all do a slight bow as I make my way to the podium. I can feel my nerves rising, but calm down almost immediately when Tyler places a comforting hand on my shoulder. I spare a quick glance and he gives me a reassuring nod. It feels good to have his unconditional support even though he is as clueless as the rest as to why we have gathered today. I take a deep, calming breath before addressing my pack.

"Hello everyone. I want to thank everyone for joining me here today on such short notice. What I have to share with you is very important. It is a decision I will be making that may affect everyone in this pack. I don't want anyone to be blindsided which is why I have arranged this meeting," I declared into the microphone.

"Most of you already know the prophecy of the Demi Goddess. If you don't already know, I'll break it down for you. There is a prophecy that states there will be a child born into this world that would carry part of the Moon Goddess' soul. It is said that this child can only be female and she shall bring restoration among werewolves and humans alike. Although there are a few that believe the opposite. Some, who are lead by the Rogue Alpha, believe this child will bring destruction to our kind. They also believe a woman should not be allowed to hold such power. My parents believed in the prophecy and assumed the I was the child the prophecy spoke of. I thought it was all a myth, until now," I explained.

"Does it have to do with you passing out Alpha?" someone in the crowd asked.

"Yes, it does. On last nights pack run, I had an odd, painful forced shift. Once the shift was complete, I felt different, more powerful. Both human and wolf side feels stronger. As if we got an upgrade, in a way we did."

"Yeah I was there during her shift. I must admit I was frightened at first but then amazed with the change that occurred before my eyes," Tyler commented, causing the pack to break out in whispers.

"Thank you, Beta Tyler for you commentary," I mutter, casting him a quick glance to catch his sheepish smile. "Please, everyone settle down. There is more important matters to go over. After the shift was complete, I thought the worst of it was over, but I was wrong. I began to get disoriented and then I blacked out. When I woke up, I came to realize that I was in the Moon Goddess' realm," I stated, causing gasps to ring out amongst the crowd.

 "I cannot go into detail of what was said, but I can give you an overview. The Moon Goddess did confirm that I am who the prophecy speaks of," I paused to allow them to digest the revelation. 

'What does this mean for the pack?' Tyler links, just ask shocked as everyone else.

'I'm getting to that,' I replied. 

"I was also told the identity of the Rogue Alpha and he will be attacking soon once he finds out I am the Demi Goddess," I stated.

"How would he find that out?" an elder questioned.

"He won't Alpha. We promise we would never tell anyone," a young girl spoke up from the crowd wearing a look of determination. My pack broke out in murmurs of agreement causing my heart to soar with pride.

"I know you wouldn't little one. I have full faith in you all and I am proud to be Alpha of such a loyal pack. I am the one who will be revealing the truth, well partially," I declared.

"What?! You can't do that!" Tyler exclaimed, causing the pack to fall silent immediately. 

Tyler notices how his outburst came out and tries to backpedal. "I'm sorry Alpha. I didn't mean any disrespect, but why would you put yourself in harms way?"

"I know what a great risk this will be, which is why I wanted to share this decision with you all. I have full faith in our Goddess and this is what she requested of me. I will not be revealing who I really am, but I will no longer hide. It is time everyone meets the First Female Alpha," I declared.

"When will this be happening, Alpha?" Max asks.

"This will happen at tomorrow's Alpha meeting. I have been absent for too long. It's time everyone meets the face of the Blood Alpha."