Chapter 25 - Apologies & Phone Calls

*Brielle's POV*

"Let's get down to business," I state as I take a seat behind my desk.

"Bri, I'm so sor-" Devin began before I cut him off.

"You have nothing to apologize for. I'm thankful you told me. I'm the one who should be apologizing for loosing control and hurting some of you."

"Still, I should have found a different way to deliver the news," he insisted.

"It wouldn't have mattered. That has and always be, a touchy subject for Freya and I. It's on us to better ourselves and prevent this from ever happening again," I firmly stated. "Anyway, that's not what's important at this moment. Right now, we need to figure out what those rogues wanted and how they managed to get that far into our territory. They shouldn't even have made it across the pack line."

"It would have been helpful if you left at least one of them alive to question," Tyler mumbles. 

Everyone turns their attention to him as he looks up with guilt in his eyes. Idiot forgot he's in a room with werewolves with excellent hearing.

"I'm sorry, Bri," he immediately apologizes.

"It's fine. You do have a point. Unfortunately, Freya needed those kills and now we need to get to the bottom of this without any leads. Adria I need our best trackers out in the area the rogues came from. Hopefully they will be able to find something of use. I suspect that this will not be the last time we will get unwanted visitors. We need to tighten up patrol and reinstate curfew for everyone who isn't ready or can't fight. Training needs to extend as well."

"I'm all over it Alpha," Adrian responds as he heads out to do as told.

"I will get together with Adrian later to fill him in on my training plan for when I'm gone," Max voices. "Umm, we have to head over to Miller's pack for the joint training with Alpha Peirce," he reminds me once he sees my look of confusion.

Crap, I forgot all about that. I'm really regretting agreeing to help that useless ex mate of mine. It is not a good time for me to leave my pack unattended. I will not leave and have history repeat itself.

"Right. There has been a change of plans. Tyler you will be going in my place with your dad over to the Eclipse Pack. With what happened, I need to remain here in case I'm needed. I also don't want to risk Freya lashing out on someone else's land and causing unnecessary trouble. Is there anything else anyone wants to bring to the table?"

Everyone shook there heads no. Max left my office shortly after I dismissed them, leaving Devin and Tyler behind. Both remained seated, deep in thought. I cleared my throat snapping them out of their daze as the silence was making me uncomfortable. 

"Is there anything I can help you boys with?"

"Boys?! We are men Brielle," Devin exclaimed, feigning to be offended. Tyler nodded in agreement. I just gave them a deadpan look, not in the mood for their jokes.

"I just wanted to let you know that my dad is expecting you to call him back. He has been calling nonstop since he found out what happened," Devin mentions.

"Miller has been calling as well, demanding to speak with you," Tyler adds, rolling his eyes.

"Keep ignoring his calls. I'll call him later to let him know of the plans for training. I will call Levi in a bit. Anything else?"

"Alpha Peirce also called looking for you stating he had things to discuss with you, but I know it was a cover up. I caught him in his lies though, so he had to admit why he was really calling. He said he heard of the rogue attacks and wanted to check in on you," Tyler voices in a taunting tone. Both him and Devin give me suggestive looks as the wiggle their eyebrows.