Chapter 13 - Reunions

*Brielle's POV*
(After the meeting)

The meeting has finally come to an end. I feel like not much was discussed due to Alpha Miller's little scene. I wonder if all the meetings were like this. Tyler would come back and fill me in on the necessary details of the meetings, but he never went into detail about all that goes down. I would have to ask him about it later.

Unfortunately, we would need to be staying the night here. Alpha Mason proposed a makeup meeting tomorrow morning since some topics weren't discussed. Since we had a 3 hour commute, we were amongst some of the packs who decided to stay. Although I don't have an issue with Alpha Mason and his pack, I don't like the thought of being around Alpha Miller longer than I already have. As luck isn't on my side, he is part of the group that decided to stay as well.

Another reason I wasn't so focused on the meeting was because of a certain pair of blue eyes. Alpha Peirce didn't take his eyes off me throughout the duration of the meeting. His intense gaze had me feeling very self conscious and a little heated, if you know what I mean. I don't know what it is about him, but this feeling has brought me back to life in a sense. I can feel the stone cocoon around my heart wanting to chip away. It is both exhilarating and terrifying at the same time.

Although this feels like something that needs to be explored, I'm not willing to go through another heart break. I need all my focus to be on this upcoming war with the Rogue Alpha, not a potential lover. I know what the Moon Goddess said regarding my mate, but I can't bring myself to trust her on this part. How can I when she was the one who had paired me up with Aaron Miller in the first place, and look how that turned out. I don't need a man to be strong, all I need is myself, Freya and my loyal pack. With that in mind, I sealed off any floating thoughts regarding Alpha Peirce and this feeling he brings me.

'You still have to see him to train Miller's pack,' Freya reminds me.

'Crap, I forgot all about that. That's ok though, I'll just keep it professional.'

'Yeah, let's see how well that works out for you. Our mate who rejected us and this new alpha who threatens this stone heart of yours, yeah piece of cake,' Freya mutters sarcastically.

I decide to ignore her sarcastic remark as I get out of my seat and exit the building. My pack members trail behind me as I make my way over to Alpha Mason. He is standing off to the side saying goodbye to those who decided not to stay, while his Beta leads the group staying to their rooms. I wait until the last Alpha has said his farewells before approaching Alpha Mason.

"Hello Alpha Mason," I greet as I stop before him.

"What's with all the formalities," he questions in a teasing tone. "Get over here child and give your uncle a long overdue hug," He jokes as he extends his arms wide.

I release a chuckle at his antics as I welcome the embrace. I didn't realize how much I missed him until this very moment. Levi Mason is my uncle through my mother's side as they are brother and sister. Her death hit him pretty hard since they weren't just siblings, they were twins. My father's death was a hard one to swallow as well since they were best friends, even though it wasn't always that way. As twins, my mother and uncle were quite close and inseparable. When it was revealed that my father was my mother's mate and that he was in line to become Alpha of the Blue Moon pack, my uncle was devastated. He couldn't fathom the thought of his twin sister leaving his side for her mate and a pack 3 hours away from him. Although 3 hours didn't seem as huge of a commute, my uncle knew they wouldn't have the spare time to see each other as often as they would like due to him training to become Alpha and my mother Luna. My father being the cause of their separation made my uncle despise even the thought of him. Eventually, my mother made him see reason, making them the best of friends. Together they were an unbeatable trio.