Chapter 14 - Explanations

*Brielle's POV*

Devin and Tyler were annoying me to no end as we made our way to the pack house. It seemed that my lack of a reaction egged them on more. They were lucky I had a lot of patience and didn't want to cause a scene. I would have beat their asses long ago. I can see the amusement in Uncle Levi's eyes as he watched them, not bothering to stop them from harassing me. 

As soon as we stepped inside the pack house, Vivian came rushing over to me and pulling me into a tight embrace. For someone so small, she was really strong as she was basically suffocating me in her arms. 

"Oh Brielle, I've missed you so much. I haven't seen you in years and my have you grown. You are such a beautiful young lady now and not to mention an Alpha!" Vivian squealed in delight. 

Vivian Stephens is the best friend of Devin's late mother. I had met her long ago when she visited our pack with Uncle Levi. She had found her mate in our pack and he had decided to join the Crescent pack as Vivian didn't want to leave Devin alone. Unfortunately, he was one of the few who lost their lives 3 years ago on that dreadful day. He was over that day to visit his family who still resided in our pack. Despite losing her mate, Vivian continued to be her bubbly self with the help of my Uncle. He sympathized with her since he too didn't have a mate. I, along with all of our close ones, are rooting for them to be chosen mates. 

"Aunt Viv, let her breathe well ya," Devin intercepts as he gently pulls her away from me.

I shot him a grateful look as I felt my lungs refill with air.

"Oh I'm sorry dear. I've just missed you. We need to catch up on a lot of girl talk," she stated before excusing herself to the kitchen. 

Viv was also in on the secret. Since all of my pack members knew and were sworn to secrecy, he had asked our permission to tell her. My parents thought it over and granted him permission since they didn't want their relationship to hold any secrets. Just for safety measures, she was also sworn in to never speak of this to anyone. 

"Alright, let's head to my office and talk. I want to be done by dinner time," Uncle Levi says as he leads the way.

Fate just loves to meddle in my life, because as soon as I turn the corner I smack hard into a chest that shoots tingle across my body. I feel hands grab my shoulder to steady me. I glance up to see it is Alpha Peirce who I have crashed into. I don't know if I was better off hoping for Aaron or him. His intense blue eyes look down at me in wonder. Before he can say anything, I sidestep him and scurry away to try and catch up with the guys. I pray they didn't catch that awkward interaction. It seems they didn't as they continue talking amongst themselves as we walk into Uncle Levi's office.

'What the hell was that?!' Freya exclaims.

'What?' I play dumb, knowing exactly what she's on about.

'You running away from Alpha Peirce like a scared pup! Bri, you give me second hand embarrassment,' Freya expresses.

'I panicked ok! I still don't know what this feeling is towards him and the last thing I need is the guys figuring it out. I already have to have an awkward talk about Aaron with Uncle Levi, I don't need to dwell into this thing with Alpha Peirce,' I explain.

'Just please, for the both of us, next time act more civilized and like an actual Alpha. We don't need to have people thinking we don't know how to act. They have enough of that with Miller.'

'Yeah yeah. I know and I will.'

With that I close the link and take a seat across from Uncle Levi. I glance up to see them all looking at me expectantly.