Chapter 31 - Eclipse Pack

*Brielle's POV*

"If you need anything and I mean-"

"For Goddess sake Bri! I heard you the first time. You didn't need to repeat it another five times," Tyler states exasperated. 

Tomorrow is the day we leave for the Eclipse Pack and I have been freaking out internally. Okay, maybe not that internally as Tyler is fed up with me. I have been stressing for the past three days since making the decision of going. I've been making sure everything will be ok before our departure. I'm still on the fence with my decision even though I'm already set on going. I still can't shake the feeling that something will happen and I won't be here to help. 

"You're right, sorry. I just want to make sure everything is covered."

"I can still swap with you at anytime. If you're this worried, I'll go," he offered.

"No, it's fine. I can't keep changing my mind on this. What kind of Alpha would I be if I can't make a decision and stick by it?"

"I guess you have a point, but say the word and I'll go. Screw what anyone else thinks."

"Thank you, but I need to go. If anything, I'll just ask you to swap with me after a few days if necessary."

"Okay that's fine by me. Now please, go and start packing and stop stressing about the pack. We will have it handled here," he orders lightly, hauling me out of the office.

"Okay, fine. I'll go."

I walk down the porch steps of the pack house and decide to go for a run before going back to my cabin. I go to the side of the house and enter the woods. I go behind a tree and remove my clothing, shoving them inside the tree's burrow after. I immediately jump into my shift and shake out my fur once I land on all fours. I take off and run deeper into the woods and it felt amazing being in my wolf form. I hate that we were forced to keep from shifting due to out "condition." 

I felt free as the wind rippled through our fur making me feel as if I was flying as I dashed through, evading trees and jumping over their roots that stuck out from the ground. I could feel all my stress leaving my body as the leaves crunched under our paws. The smell of damp wood from this morning's rain, hit my senses making me feel right at home. All of a sudden, I could feel the sadness trying to sneak its way through. I push that feeling back down and push myself to run faster hurling over bushes as the sounds of the creatures of the night rung in my ears. I didn't stop running until I made it to the creek. I came to a slow trot, coming to a full stop as I neared the creek's bank. I laid down setting my head on top of our front paws as I glanced up at the starry night, the moon shining bright. 

It was a quiet night out tonight with the exception of the occasional hoot of an owl and rustling of leaves. It was a serene environment and I felt at peace right here in this moment. I couldn't help my mind from straying and thinking back to the past. I have never felt truly at peace and happy like I did when I was with my family, my mom and dad. I miss how simple things used to be where I wasn't under all this stress and if I was, I had them by my side to help guide me and take some of the load. I hear Freya whimper in my head as she nudges our bond trying to console me and I return the gesture. 

'You still got me, Bri. Always,' she says gently.

'I know. We will always have each other,' I respond, feeling the sadness slightly lift.

After laying here in the silence and tranquility, I finally decide to get up. I stretch going into an upward dog position and shaking out my fur after. I took one last look up at the sky with the moon blaring back at me before taking off. I trotted steadily back to where I left my clothes, not in any rush to get back. I know I still needed to pack, but I wanted to enjoy the calmness the woods provided tonight before going into the storm I'm sure tomorrow will bring. I have an inkling that Alpha Peirce will be at the center of it all.