Chapter 18 - "I could've killed you!"

*Brielle's POV*

Freya leaps up into the air and lands on the person, rolling around until she's on top, baring her sharp canines at them as she lowers her snout towards their neck.

'Oh goddess, not again. Please Freya not again!' I cry out.

I was too busy panicking about the mystery person's death, that I didn't realize we were now pinned under them. Freya begins to purr as she rubs her snout up and down the side of their neck. I was in shock at the fact that Freya was snuggling them instead of attacking. I snap out of my daze and finally take notice of the person above us.

A burst of anger mixed with embarrassment floods my body and I shove them off me, not minding the strength I put into the shove. I saw his back hit a tree a few feet away from me, before I turn and run to where I left my clothes. About a minute later, I can sense them chasing me, causing me to pick up by speed as the tree holding my clothes comes into view. I quickly shift back and slip into my clothes, just as the presence gets stronger.

The anger starts to boil over once again as I come out from behind the tree and see that stupid face that I can't see to get rid of. He stands there all smug with his arms crossed, leaned up against a tree.

"What the hell is wrong with you! I could've killed you!" I burst out.

"Didn't seem like you had a killing intent as you were purring against my touch," he replies as a smirk plays on his lips.

'I wouldn't have killed him,' Freya replies at the same time.

Instead of replying to either of them, I turn around and begin walking away and back to the pack house. I will surely give Devin a piece of my mind for lying to me. I know nothing happened since I have this weird, stupid connection thing with Peirce, but who knows what would have happened if it was someone else.

I am slightly pleased, yet foolishly annoyed when I don't feel him following me. From his sent he is actually moving deeper into the woods and further away from me. I push the annoying, mystery feelings away as pick up my pace.

*Matthew's POV*

"Hey Devin, do you know of a secluded spot on the territory where I can let Freya out without coming in contact with anyone else?" I hear her voice as as I come down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

Why would she be looking for a secluded area? Is she ashamed of how her wolf looks? I can't help myself as I grow more curious about this she-wolf. I keep my distance as I keep myself hidden, using my wolf hearing to eavesdrop.

"Umm let me think. Oh, yes there is!" Beta Devin exclaims and a ping rings out shortly after.

"I just sent you the coordinates for the spot. Good luck. Let me know if you need anything else," he says as his voice grows closer.

I try to duck away, but it was too late.

"Oh, hey Alpha Peirce," Beta Devin greets, a look of shock clear on his face.

I force myself to act nonchalant.

"Hello, Beta Devin," I greet back as I try to walk around him.

"Is there anything I can help you with Alpha? Were you looking for something or why were you hiding back here... behind the plant?" He continues throwing questions at me, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Her scent is getting fainter the further away she moves from the pack house. I need to get rid of him before I loose her scent. This is why I hate interacting with people. They are so nosy.

'Just walk away. It's not like you are known for being nice and social,' Silas' sarcastic voice rings out in my head.

I would normally argue back, but he makes a really good point.

"Goodbye Beta Devin. I have places to be," I say as I walk away from him.

"Right, places to be. Got it," I hear him say as I walk out the door. I can make out the taunting tone in his voice.

Thanks to my Alpha genes, I am still able to catch her scent as it leads me to the entrance of the woods. As I go deeper into the woods, her scent gets stronger, but it seems to smell a tad bit different now. I can only assume she has shifted already.

I catch the scent and start to follow her trail. I thought I caught her scent but then it was suddenly behind me. Just as I start to turn around, I am bulldozed to the ground with a weight on top of me. From the paws digging into my chest, I can already guess who it is.

Her snout rubs up against my neck and I can feel her canines graze my skin. Oddly enough I'm not afraid, more like turned on. Silas took slight control as he used all our strength to flip the she-wolf over, pinning her to the spot I was previous on. She continues to nudge her snout up against my neck as she begins to purr. I could hear Silas purring back in satisfaction, neither of us wanting this to end.

Sadly our contentment was shortly lived as I was suddenly shoved off the wolf. I flew a few feet away from them as my back collided roughly against a tree. A groan slipped out I hit the ground right after. Go damn she's strong. I lift my head up to see her running in the opposite direction from me, causing me to feel a slight disappointment. For some reason I was hoping she would come check on me.

'Follow her dumbass,' comes Silas' distressed voice.

Not thinking twice about it, I lift myself up before giving chase. I eventually catch up to her just as I see her hide behind a tree. I was going to follow, but once I saw the tail sticking out behind the tree disappear, I halted. I decided to wait as she was just shifting back. I leaned up against one of the trees, feeling excited. I liked seeing her wolf, but I couldn't wait to see the human side. Just thinking about the beautiful face that I can't seem to get out of my thoughts, brings a smile to my face. Goddess I'm such a simp. What the hell is happening to me?

I can sense her coming around the tree, so I school my face to my usual nonchalant look. This seemed to just piss her off as her face immediately turns red in anger. If this was a cartoon, I'm sure she'd have steam coming out of her ears.

"What the hell is wrong with you! I could've killed you!" She shouts, balling her fists in anger.

She looks quite cute, no she looks hot all angry. My earlier hard on is coming back. I can't help the images of us having angry sex out of my head.

"Didn't seem like you had a killing intent as you were purring against my touch," I tease, a smirk plays on my lips.

'Don't anger her more, asshole,' Silas scolds.

'Why not? It's fun and I quite like this look on her.'

'You're an ass.'

Instead of replying back, she turns around and starts walking away from me once again. I try to fight it, but the feeling of disappointment peeks through. I was about to follow after her, but held myself back. I literally had to use a lot of strength and will not to go after her. I don't even know what I'm doing or feeling anymore. This one girl brings too much confusion and I don't like it. I'm used to being in control, and with her, all my control evaporates as I fall prey to her.

This has got to stop. I know I've said it plenty times before, but this time I really need to stay true to my words. I need to keep my distant from her and keep it professional. Brielle Gray will no longer have a hold on me.

'You're stupid,' Silas voices before hiding away. I can feel his disapproval, but I don't pay mind to it as I walk in the opposite direction Alpha Gray went.