Chapter 19 - Heading Back Home

*Brielle's POV*

"You!" I growl out as soon as I spot Devin coming down the stairs.

He turns to look behind him and turns back to me with a confused look on his stupid face.

"I'm sorry, but you can't possibly be talking to me," he declares.

"Yes I'm talking to you! I thought you said that was a secluded area?!" I shout.

"It is a secluded area. Not even my dad goes to that part of the woods," he states in confusion.

"Then why the hell was Alpha Peirce there?!" I continue shouting, my anger not simmering. I know part of the anger isn't mainly towards Devin, but unfortunately, he'll have to bear it all.

"Alpha Peirce huh," he mutters, a look of amusement on his face.

"What's going on? Why do you have that stupid look on your face?" I ask getting irritated.

"Oh nothing. Don't mind me. I'm just go- oof." Devin groans out as I push him against the nearest wall, adding slight pressure to his throat.

"Don't play games with me Devin! What do you know?!"I growled out, Freya slightly surfacing.

"I-I c-ca-can't b-breathe," he chokes out. "B-bri y-y-you n-nee-need to re-el her ba-ba-back in."

I quickly release the pressure on his throat as I calm Freya down. I still keep a firm grip on him to urge him to tell me what he's hiding. He dramatically inhales before talking.

"Gosh woman. No need to be so rough," he tries to joke, but immediately stops when he sees my glare. "Ok, ok. So, earlier after I gave you the coordinates to the secluded spot in the woods, I ran into Alpha Peirce. For some weird reason he was hiding, very poorly may I add, behind a plant in the hallway. When I confronted him, he acted all weird before bolting out the door. I had assumed he was going after you and now you just confirmed I was right," He explains.

"You didn't think to let me know he was heading my way! What if Freya killed him?!"

'For the last time, I wouldn't have killed him,' Freya pipes up, to which I ignore.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I should have told you," he apologizes. I let out a long sigh before releasing him.

"I'm sorry Dev. I'm not entirely angry at you. Being out of my territory really has me unhinged."

"It's ok. I get it, but are you sure that's the only reason?" he questions with a look of mischief.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Oh come on. You're a smart girl so I know you can't be that oblivious."

"Just tell me what the hell is going on in your delirious head. I don't have time for your games Devin."

"You can't be serious?" he gives me an incredulous look. Upon my puzzled look, he lets out an exaggerated sigh. "I'm talking about the fact that Alpha Pierce has the hots for you and I think you quite fancy him too," he explains, wiggling his brows suggestively.

"You're being stupid Devin, more than usual. There is nothing going on, so get that sick idea out of your head. I'm only anxious to get back home, which is why I need to go plan my departure with my pack," I deny.

"If you say so," he says in a sing song tone. "On a serious note, you know there's no rush for you to go home Bri. Everyone here misses you. Dad, he misses you. It's been years since he's last seen you," he sorrowfully states.

"I know, I miss all of you guys too, but there is too much work to be done. Maybe things can be different when all of this is over," I try to assure him.