Kabanata 39

Kabanata 39

I breathe in and fill my lungs with the fresh air of Milan while staring at the amazing view outside. The place is astonishing. The sight and the music too, the aroma and the busy vibe.

Golden sunlight streams through the open living room in a well mannered announcement of the risen sun. Ipinaglandas ko ang mga kamay sa railings at tipid na ngumiti habang nasa langit ang mga mata.

It's just my first morning here and I'm already thinking of going back here again with Luke when we have the best chance.

"You like it here?"

His gentle hug from behind snaps me from admiring the view. Nagbaba ako ng tingin sa mga kamay niyang nasa tiyan ko. The rays of the sun are painting our skin so warmly.

I lift my eyes and hold his hands, too.

"I think I will be having a separation anxiety once we leave," I laugh. "Sobrang ganda ng lugar."

"We'll go back here whenever you want, Angelique."

"Paano kung... sabihin ko sa'yo na gusto kong dito na lang tumira?"

Of course it's meant to be a joke. Hindi ko hihilingin ang bagay na 'yon. Nasa Pinas ang buhay naming dalawa. Isa pa ay ayaw ko malayo sa pamilya ko. Ayaw kong malayo rin siya kina Tita Erica.

Mas lalong hindi ko nanaisin na malayo si Hanniel sa kaniya. I'm not the evil step mother he thinks I am.

"We will live here then. We will bring Hanniel with us."

"That's not possible, Luke. Hindi mo puwedeng ilayo si Hanniel sa Mommy niya."

Hindi siya sumagot. He leans his chin against my shoulder and embrace me tighter.

"I just want to be with you for the rest of my life, Angelique. We have been deprived to be happy for the past ten years. Until now, I'm scared that I would lose you again just because of this situation we're in."

I sigh and gently tap his hand on my stomach and turn around to face him. His hawk like eyes, despite looking really dark and sharp hold gentleness.

I smile and bring my hand to his cheek and caress it.

"Pinakasalan kita, Luke, kahit alam kong mahihirapan ako sa sitwasyon na mayroon tayo ngayon. I have been so in love with you since we were young and even after of so many years that passed by, my feelings didn't grow less. Kagaya ng isang matibay na puno, mapaglipasan man ng maraming unos, mananatiling matatag at nakatayo."

His throat makes a swallowing motion without removing his eyes from mine. He brings his hand to my cheek and caress it through his thumb.

His eyes then move to my lips. He tilts his head and leans in closer to kiss me on the lips. Ipinikit ko ang mga mata at dinama ang marahan niyang halik. He rests his forehead against mine and stares into my eyes.

"Let's start this day with a long walk. Dp you mind?" he whispers through his husky voice.

I giggle. "As long as you will be holding my hand, you know I don't."

His lips curled. "Kahit yakapin pa kita habang naglalakad tayo, walang problema."

Humalakhak ako at bahagyang inilayo ang mukha sa kaniya. Tinitigan ko siya habang natatawa.

"Sabi mo 'yan, ha?"

He bite his lower lip and wraps his arm around my shoulder. Sabay naming tinalikuran ang kakasibol lang na araw nang nakahilig ang ulo ko sa kaniyang balikat.

"How tight do you want?" sakay niya sa biro ko.

"Iyong hindi na ako makakahinga."

He chuckles. "That kind of hug should be made in bed, my wife."