CHAPTER 2

<<<THURSDAY, 7:40AM>>>

Joshua's pov

Crap I'm late to class. I guess Hoshi tried his best waking me up with no results?

I hurriedly grab the first pair of jeans I find alongside a white t-shirt and long coat I recently got, trying to look my best. I pick the apartment keys from the counter and a banana to eat in the bus while I get there, since I didn't get any time to have a proper breakfast. At least I managed to properly style my newly trimmed hair just the way I imagined it and also fed my cat since both Hoshi and I are probably gonna get home late today because of classes.

 At least I managed to properly style my newly trimmed hair just the way I imagined it and also fed my cat since both Hoshi and I are probably gonna get home late today because of classes

(this is what the outfit looks like btw)

I got off the bus and as usual I briefly stopped to look around and deeply enjoy the sun rays, feeling the light breeze on my face. I head to the main entrance of the building in which most of our lectures are held and I immediately run into the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I can't skip on my usual face routine. Never.

After I finish applying sunscreen, I head into the classroom and luckily I manage to find a seat next to Hoshi.

Hoshi and I met when I moved to the dorms this year and he seemed chill to me right away.

He's friendly and super exciting to be around. He laughs at my jokes and helps me take care of my cat. He occasionally goes to the gym with some other university friend he seems close with and whenever he gets back he makes sure everything's alright.
A friend I never thought I would have honestly.

We now share the dorm, having each a room on our own.

Hoshi's a 96 liner, which makes him a year younger than me. Of course when we first got to know each other I explained to him why I was in the second year.
I had to repeat the second year since I didn't manage to pass the previous year's exams because of some health related problems.

For today's first break we also made plans to go out together at the cafeteria and get a coffee, I really needed one. And we also wanted to grab a sandwich for later since we were staying till late afternoon and the cafeteria seemed the perfect spot.

Chemistry class was super fun. Hoshi kept on drawing and coloring different types of tigers, which was oddly intriguing I may add.

I took enough notes for me to get them down on computer when I get home, this way I'd revise the class of the day and study efficiently as well.

You may think my life's all put together and I might look somewhat orderly and meticulous. I do try my best to be so.
Trust me I'm not though. I'd do anything as long as I didn't make a notable mistake, destroying my reputation. Which meant everything to me.

Now I finally found a way to stick to some schedule, such as taking extra care of myself and whatever's regarding my mental and physical well-being. I also strive to be highly attentive about my appearance, such as my fashion, hair styling and sometimes makeup. I genuinely try to look my best and do my best.
All the time.

After the chemistry lecture is over, we head out at the cafeteria and sit outside enjoying the big crowd of people that gathered and was just being cheerful while being altogether.

And there was Hoshi who couldn't wait for lunch break and ate his brisket sandwich during the first break, at the same time he managed to explain me the reason why some animals are white rather than just being brown, using as an example a white tiger versus an orange and black one.

His interest in animals was fascinating, the dedication he probably had in researching and observing animals was astonishing, a friend like him was really a lucky gift and I wanted to cherish every moment with him.

Having a friend's never been easy for me. During my high school years I've had some occasional study buddies who I deemed to be my friends at that time. I've never been an easy type to approach to because of many people knowing about my alcoholic parents. Both of them used to drink a lot and occasionally didn't came home for days with no notice. Thank God my older brother was with me and never left my side. I rely on him the most.

When I got badly injured in that car accident last year he kept me company the whole time. I went through a few surgeries, among these a head surgery, and Taemin was the only one that never left. I love my big brother more than anything.

After the break we head inside the class room and get ready for the biology lecture. I observe the walls that surround me reminding me of the walls of that hospital room.
The white room I spent weeks waiting for my mother and father to show up.
And they never did.

The place which made me the person I am.

I left all hopes I had for my parents the day I was resigned from all the medical treatments. It truly rebuilt a different version of me, I'm grateful to God and Taemin for staying and helping me get through it all.

As I reminisced that memory a tear formed in the corner of my left eye, I abruptly brushed it off as I tried to get a hold of myself noticing the professor entering. Meanwhile also receiving a worried glance from Hoshi who witnessed me suddenly shaking my head and then pretending nothing happened.