CHAPTER 28

Jeonghan's pov

"Is everything alright babe?" I asked as I noticed a strange looking, seemingly tense Joshua, softly leaning on the balcony fence and observing the stunning clear sky.

"The sky is beautiful isn't it?" I added as we both stared up at the depth of the sky and the loud silence had filled the atmosphere.

"Everything's fine yeah" He paused, slightly turning towards me, lowering his gaze at me.

"I was just deep in my thoughts... thinking about how time flew by, how we've been so caught up with lectures and finals that it feels unreal to be here" He continued appearing worried but calm nonetheless.

"Graduation is surely a huge deal, yeah" I paused in between, "But hey, we got here together. A journey we all shared and went through as one. Not to mention we're also healthy, happy and we have each other for support... and for love" I paused, stepping closer to him and turning towards the fence as he changed his glance direction once again.

"Let's appreciate these more huh Joshuji?" I slightly smiled at the younger, who in turn softly nodded in agreement.

As I observed his stance at the moment, I carefully reached with my hand to my pants' right pocket, attempting a subtle movement.
Which the younger, to my surprise, didn't detect.

I felt the box's remarkable edges, the silky black texture felt comforting as I ran my fingers on its surface.

But at the same time, now that I was really doing this, a shiver travelled down my spine as nervousness filled my body.

My heart started rushing uncontrollably.

Was I really ready for this?

What if he says no? Or it doesn't work out in the end?

I attempted to get a grip on myself as I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

After a minute had passed, I finally recomposed myself. Now I felt calm and confident for what was following.

I slowly kneeled. My mind had now gained complete clearance at my gesture.
Joshua's gaze was directed on the opposite side from where I was, luckily not noticing me yet.

As soon as I kneeled down and grabbed the little box he steadily turned around, seemingly agitated for a short instance as if I slipped and fell.

But as soon as he noticed, he regained his serene instance with remarkable astonishment at this point.
He widely opened his eyes in surprise.

"Wh-what are you doing Hanni?"

The astonishment soon turned into a sympathetic full of love look.
His eyes softly glanced at mine, looking profoundly and quietly waiting for a reply.

"Will you, Hong Joshua, aka Joshuji" I paused as we both chuckled staring into each other's slightly wet eyes. "...Will you, take me, Yoon Jeonghan, as your husband in this and in the next life to cherish you, support you, take care of you... to love you".

I finally uttered the much rehearsed sentence I've been replaying in my mind constantly that night. I stared into his sparkly beautiful eyes and as I pronounced those words I felt my throat shrink. It was now hard to swallow my own saliva.

It didn't matter though. I disregarded that anxious feeling.

I was confident about what I truly desired. And that was to marry Joshua, to build a life with him and stay by his side for the rest of our days.

He kneeled down in front of me, quickly coming closer for a kiss.

As he pressed his lips on mine, I kissed him like I have never before. It felt different.