CHAPTER 8

Jeonghan's pov

"Nice to finally meet you too by the way. Mr Yoon Jeonghan"

At that Joshua brightly smiled at me. He appeared to be a bit uneasy to say it like that after all that's happened now.

I try to keep it cool but as I hear those words redness started to mark my cheeks.
Luckily I manage to hide it, I don't want to give him strange ideas about me?

"I'm sorry I acted selfishly earlier. I'm stupid" I chuckled saying that.

"Hey no, don't say that! I already told you, you must be a wonderful person in real life. Now I'm truly convinced that you actually are, you're also honest, genuine, and spontaneous. I value these a lot Jeonghan". Joshua smiled at me and was now softly caressing my hand.

He felt really warm and at ease.

"I never meant to waste your time Joshua, I want you to know that. I'm glad I decided to text you that day, even without knowing who that actually was." He spoke and kept on caressing my hand as if reassuring me.

"I'm really glad too"

He softly smiled with eyes full of joy.
For a second I thought I could see stars in them. Joshua left me amazed.

"So? Should we grab lunch now and eat?" I proceed to instantly get up to head at the counter as I let go of his hand, also trying to hide my face rushing with blood making me red.

Joshua follows to get up and came behind me "hey wait for me!".

We ordered some grilled mackerels and mashed potatoes and went back to the table we were seated at before.

"How is it?" I ask him after finishing my meal first, Joshua was still fully absorbed in the grilled mackerel he was eating.

"It's good! You enjoyed yours?" He replied with his gaze directed at me now.

"It was delicious yea" I respond kind of perplexed and deep in my thoughts.

While Joshua was still eating we shortly videocalled the groupchat to tell them we were both here. They did look a bit surprised but were cool with it.
We closed off the call, Joshua took his last bite and now it was just him and I.

"So what now Jeonghan?" He was once again looking out the window, observing the birds and the people outside.

"Your cat... Niki was it? You said I could meet him!"

Did I sound a bit too excited? Why the hell did I bring that out. Calm down Jeonghan, you're not asking him on a date or anything. You are friends now, it's normal.

"Jeonghan omg" he belly laughed at this point, putting his hand in front of the mouth as he did that.

I wonder why.
His laughter was beautiful and his smile too, he was so mesmerizing and distracting, that made my mind wander off with all sorts of thoughts. I eventually zoned out without noticing.

"Hello? Jeonghan??" Joshua was waving in front of me.

"Oh yeah, wow sorry this is embarrassing", "you were saying?" I get a hold off myself.

"You can meet him yeah. Since you promised me to help me with math too, you can come and I'll introduce you to him".

"Right. Yes! Math. Tutoring you. At your place." I nervously spoke pausing in between. I completely forgot about the math tutoring lessons.

At his place.

"Tell me if it's okay for you. AirDrop guyyyy" Joshua cringed at his own remark but giggled right after.