CHAPTER 27

Joshua's pov

As time flied by I didn't fully realize university was soon to be a distant memory. At least for some of us.

It was the last day now and I was walking with Dokyeom and Woozi to the cafeteria to meet up with the others as appointed earlier today.

Not long time passed and a group of loud people was to be seen from afar.

It was the rest of our friend group, strolling around joyfully. A precious and bright Jeonghan appeared from behind them walking towards us.

Meanwhile the three of us were restfully seated at the table we always use to sit at.

"Guysss" Mingyu stopped still gasping for air as he walked fast paced, he stood with a saddened expression, glancing at all of us, one by one.

"This guy forgot the desserts I baked yesterday", he looked at Hoshi who was laughing and joking with Seungkwan, as if not paying attention to what was going on.

"I'm so sorry everyone" Mingyu's gaze fell down.

Hoshi suddenly looked up as he noticed a moment of silence had filled the air.

"It's okay though because I ordered some pastries to be delivered since it's my fault" He paused and his face expression changed, "I'm sorry" Hoshi spoke appearing discouraged and deeply sorry.

He glanced at Mingyu, who soon approached him and patted him on the shoulder in a reassuring manner. The older boy softly smiled at the gesture.

The desserts quickly arrived and we calmly ate everything, literally thanking Hoshi non-stop, the latter seemed so immersed in his pastries, he simply nodded to our comments.

After we finished everything and cleaned up the mess we made, some followed to stand up.

"I guess we'll see ya later then" Seungcheol firmly spoke wiping his hands in the tissue Jun handed him from the other side of the table.

"What time are you coming?" Wonwoo asked in a serious tone, glancing at all of us.

Jeonghan's gaze fell on me, adamant to hear my response for some mysterious reason.

"How does 9PM sound like? I gotta take Niki to the vet so..." I glanced at Jeonghan who nodded to my reply. I suddenly remembered I noted the vet appointment on our shared iCloud calendar and that's why he knew about that already.

Seungcheol followed to agree nodding to my suggestion.

"We're gonna get some food and come for dinner time Hyungs" Dino spoke in a suggesting tone, to which Vernon and Seungkwan nodded since they were coming together after all.

"That's cool we're gonna go with them by some food" Hoshi brightly smiled grabbing Woozi by the arm and getting him closer on the side.

The latter side eyed him in annoyance but quickly followed to smile, which to my surprise seemed actually real.

—————————————

The vet appointment didn't take much and as I slowly unlocked the door and entered the apartment I expected Jeonghan to be waiting for me.

The lights were all turned off so I quickly looked for the light switch and gently rested Niki on the floor.

He firmly disliked leaving home. Specially for vet appointments.
He hastily ran away towards his food bowl as soon as his little paws touched the cold floor tiles.

"Uhm Jeonghan babe?" I spoke calling for him, but my voice echoed throughout the empty hall.

Silence.