Chapter 02

"THE THREE OF YOU AGAIN!" Jevan, Dane and Lay bowed their heads while listening to the supervisor shout.

"What are you doing here at this hour?! You're planning to steal the questionnaire?!" She continues. The three adolescents can't talk back, they just endured being scolded by the woman wearing a black coat and fitted skirt while her hairstyle is a bun.

The offices are wide. The supervisor is standing in front of her table while the three boys are sitting in front of the table facing the woman.

"Speak, I'm asking you!" She shouted again. Dane can't take it anymore no one since he came to this world has shouted at him like that. Being treated like a prince in their own house can't take this treatment to someone like her.

Dane was about to speak when Lay raised his hand he shut his mouth. He's thankful that Lay raises his hand if he doesn't, he will shout back to the supervisor.

"We're sorry, we just came here to get Jevan's bag. He left it to the library.'' Jevan closed his eyes hoping the woman would take it as an excuse but a loud sound coming from a book slammed the table and made the three flinch.

"Liar! Stop fooling me around, you mess with this school. You, Walton. The daughter of one of the investors of this school called that you play with his daughter's heart." Dane wanted to cough even Lay wanted to laugh but suppressed himself not while Jevan's face got serious.

"Don't make that face Bianchi! I can see you. Do you think I don't know what you're doing? You keep failing your grades and shout back to your professor." Lay bit his lips so that it looked like the supervisor was observing them.

"Jevan among all of the three you're not troublesome you also passed your grades why you're here doing this  with both of them?" She asked with a calm voice. She knew Jevan was a scholar at the school but the most shocking thing is Jevan was there with Dane and Lay.

"I'm sorry ma'am," He just said. The two took a peek at him. They knew this scholarship was important to him. The two can pay the bill to the school while Jevan can't. They are already blaming themselves to get him into this trouble.

The supervisor sighed many times before she finally sat in his chair and put her hand on the table before writing something.

"I'm sorry to say this but we need to expel the three of you. The crime you did can't justify you as a future detective or a police." Jevan clenched his fist from it but he's been thinking this will happen.

After that, the three of them came out of the office and now they were already walking there were already a few students walking to get inside the school. They keep avoiding the gaze of the other students because of the guilt they feel.

The three arrive at Jevan's house and decide to stop there and it's perfect timing because Lyndon is already in the kitchen making coffee for his brother before he will wake him up. Jevan watches his little brother doing it, his eyes filling with emotion.

Lydon is always doing this. A boy aged 10 becomes independent after their parent's death.

When Lyndon finishes stirring the coffee in the cup he turns around and flinches when he sees Dane and Lay standing there alone with Jevan.

"Brother, where did you go?" Lyndon asked but he was still not moving.

"School, I forgot something then I saw them in front of the gate," Jevan lied. Dane and Lay looked at him. By looking at Jevan it makes them more concerned about what is running inside of Jevan's mind.

"Is that so you don't have a class?" He asked. Now he already getting two cups to the drawer and making a coffee for Dane and Lay.

"No you should go wash your body I'll cook lunch for you, go now we can handle it," Jevan said before he walked toward Lyndon. The kid stops what he's doing before he looks at Jevan.

Both of them are busy with their studies and Jevan just gave him money for his lunch.

"What happened?" The kid asked. Jevan put his hand on Lyndon's head he shook his hand and brushed Lyndon's hair.

"Nothing, faster go take a bath. Thanks for the coffee." Jevan showed his smile but Lyndon could tell that his brother was not feeling well he chose to believe in him, he knew Jevan would not speak even if someone asked him.

Lyndon jumps to the small chair and runs upstairs. Now Dane, Jevan and Lay are left behind.

Jevan starts to walk toward the refrigerator before he finds something to cook he decides to cook a sizzling pork and tofu because it's Lyndon's favourite. He checks if all the ingredients are available and he gets a hotdog for Lyndon's breakfast he also adds more for the three of them.

"Dane we're sorry," Lay said from behind. Jevan stops from chopping a shallot and garlic before he turned around to face the two.

"What are you talking about? It's also my fault I agree to the plan and all of us came there without complaint," Jevan turned again before he continued what he was doing, "about my scholarship It's also my fault. I'm still thinking how I can get extra work for our expenses I think it's not for me."

Dane and Lay look at each other. "Then we'll help you find a job. We already spent 3 years in college. I'm sure someone will accept you," Dane said. Jevan looked around he liked that idea they all just talked about the job.

A pair of eyes looked at them from a distance the expression by hearing what the three boys were talking about.

A minute later Jevan finishes cooking. Dane and Lay also help him to prepare the food. After that Lyndon already came down, also wearing his uniform and bag.

Jevan lets him sit. They also decide to eat with him.

After they eat, Lyndon says goodbye to his brother before he walks away.

Now Jevan, Dane and Lay already sitting on the sofa waiting an hour passed until someone called Lay and he answered it but he ended it as fast as he could when a shout from his father tingled inside his ear.

Jevan hears it and they also can't help not to chuckle and make Lay glare at them. "My dad is pestering me again. I'll go now. I can feel they found out that we're expelled. Do you have earplugs here? I'm sure he will scold me again the whole day." Jevan and Dane laugh at how Lay complains about his father. They are already used to it. His father is a strict parent but they still don't know about Lay's mother from what Lay said his mother is the only one who's siding him inside the house.

"Good luck hahaha," they both said. Lay just raised his middle finger before he walked outside the house.

Now the silence filled the house. Dane decided to stand up. Jevan was watching him but Dane got his bag from the other couch.

He's finding something inside until he sees it. Jevan eyes widened when Dane gave an envelope to him

"What is this?!" Jevan asked but he's still not accepting it.

"It's cash, I keep saving it to give it to you." Jevan looks into Dane's eyes before he shakes his head.

"I won't accept of it.'' Dane harshly sat beside Jevan. He already knew that Jevan would never accept his help. From the day he found out that Jevan's parents are gone he always wanted to help but he's not using his parents' money, it's his savings in his bank account.

Both of them were not talking. Dane thinking how he would convince Jevan to accept the money until the idea came to him.

"Then let me live here you will accept it if I say this is for the rent right? I was lonely in our house my parent always went on a business trip while my brother had his condo they already agreed that I would get my condo." Jevan stares at Dane. He still can't accept it he is about to reject Dane when someone opens the door they are confused to see Lay frowning.

It was just 30 minutes later when he left but now he came back with a big bag with him.

"Hey, what's that?" Jevan asked but Lay didn't answer him. Instead, he sat on the sofa like Dane did and gave him an envelope.

"Let me live here the old man kicked me out of our house, I swear if I get a bunch of money than he has I will make him regret what he did," he said while frowning. Dane smirks looks like they will stay there together.

Jevan mouth open wide, can't believe what's happening. "What the fuck happening to the both of you!"