Chapter 30

Jevan suddenly opened his eyes but felt a heavy thing in his body while his head didn't stop from throwing.

"Ouch!" He tried to stand up and make his hit Lay and Dane. Both of them suddenly sat while confusedly looking around but they stopped when they felt his head start throbbing in pain.

"So you're now up. Now I want all of you to explain," the man said sitting on the couch while sipping his coffee.

"Why our body is in pain?" Lay said. When he saw a burst into his hand. Riggs glared at them before he put the coffee on the table and stood up. The three of them silently watched what he was gonna do but when he finally stood in front of them a heavy hand slapped the back of their heads.

All of them rush to hold it before they glare at Riggs who walks back to where he was sitting earlier and sips his coffee like he did nothing wrong.

"What was that for?!" Lay and Jevan shout while Dane pulls his cutter into his pants and throws it away but Riggs just moves his head to the other side and there the cutter hits the couch. Jevan and Lay widened their eyes.

"What the Dane! That's my mom's couch!" Jevan complained. This time Dane finally came to his senses, he was really in a bad mood, he hated waking up by someone else but Jevan's loud voice made him realize what he had done.

"I'm sorry," he said but Jevan didn't look at him once again before he stood up and got the cutter.

"That's the good hit," Riggs said teasing them but Jevan glared at him

"Shut up old man," he said. Dane cutter made a make on the couch there's a strip on it.

"You're dead," Lay said. They knew Jevan was now angry at him and they knew how he acted when he was mad, he kept the silent treatment.

"Shut up," Dane said still looking at Jevan.

"So let's back to the topic why did you get drunk before reporting anything?" Riggs asked. Jevan didn't listen to him before he threw the cutter in front of Dane and he sat beside Riggs while Lay and Dane were still on the floor.

"Because you want it," Lay said rolling his eyes. He wanted to sleep again, he wanted to reward himself for solving the case successfully but instead of relaxing Riggs ruined his whole plan for the day.

"Don't try to be sarcastic on me brat or do you want me to tie you up and hang you?" Lay shook his head.

"I'm just kidding you know, our friend of ours asked us to join him to have a drink so we did," he said but Riggs didn't look at him instead he threw the pillow beside him making it into his face and making him stop.

"So what happened?" Riggs asked Jevan Lay harshly to wipe his face.

"What the! Stinky old man!" Lay shouted. Riggs' smile faded when he heard it before a sharp glare he pointed at Lay who suddenly stood up...

"What did you say?!" He shouted before he stood up and tried to catch Lay. They ran around the house while Dane stood up from the floor.

"Hey, I'm sorry," he said getting Jevan's attention. At first, Jevan just stared at him but then he sighed before he nodded.

"It's OK, just forget about it. Just stop those two there," Jevan pointed to Riggs and Lay who were on the ground.

"Ouch, let me go I'm sorry ok!" Lay shouted while Ruggs hit him using the pillow.

"They look like a kid even that old man acting like a kid," Jevan said but he smiles
Riggs is like a father who punishes his sons.

"Hey stop that didn't we have something to discuss? Please act your age," Jevan said making them stop. Riggs cleared his throat and pretended that he was acting his age and silently sat beside them.

"Childish old man," Lay shouted but once again Riggs threw a pillow at him

"Shut up you're the childish one brat," he said. Jevan and Dane are just high with annoyance.

"Ohh really, even if I'm childish there's still a woman who will like me not like you, you're already an old man hahaha." Riggs was about to shout back when Jevan pulled him back.

"Shut up! You two we need to talk" Jevan said. Finally, they cooperated Jevan told everything about what happened while Riggs silently listened and when he finished reporting Riggs laughed loudly and hit their back one by one, making them wince.

"Exactly!" He said. They roll their eyes as they expect Riggs to already know the truth.

"As we expected from you, why do you still wait for us to report?" Jevan said in annoyance.

"It's because I want to know if you find the whole truth that it's not a murder case, it's suicidal."

"Yeah, we thought at first it was murder and there are many suspects but we still find that woman has depression because of his husband doing," Jevan answered from into Riggs's face before he nodded.

"What about our price?" Lay asked, he offered his hand on him to receive something from him.

"To congratulate you. You need to push up to 100," their mouth hang open because of it.

"What?!" They shouted. They didn't know this was kind of a way to congratulate them for solving the case.

"Are you going out or not?" He threatened They rusn to go down and started to push up after a long minute. Dane finished pushing up but Jevan and Lay only counted in 50 before they collapsed.

"What so weak tsk, tsk," he insulted but Lay and Jevan couldn't talk back, they didn't have the strength to talk back at him.

"Do it again, if you cannot finish it then start it again until you can hahaha," he laughed out loud and a smile formed on his face an evil smile.

"You stinky old man!"