Chapter 31

"97," still counting while pushing up.

"98," Lay said. He was closing his eyes 2 times when he collapsed. Dane watched them sitting beside Riggs who enjoyed seeing them suffering.

"99, 100!" After that, they lay on the floor breathing loudly.

Riggs rolled his eyes at them before he stood up and took the faith behind him.

"Here the vault," he said before putting it on the table. Jevan and Lay rushed to stand up to go near it.

They were about to touch it but Riggs hit their hand making them complain.

"What was that for?!" They shouted.

"I said I would give you this after the case right?" He asked. They nodded at him in response that their look was on the vault.

"Yes, you said it but why you're not allowing us to touch it, stinky old man!" Jevan said. Riggs hit their head hard.

"Ouch! Why do you involve me!" Lay shouted back but Riggs just ignored him as he used to.

"As I was saying you only can touch this when I approve, when you're finally ready," he asked. He looked at Jevan and Dane and started to lie again like he did not exist in the place.

"Ready for what?" Jevan asked. He looked at the vault, there was a number there he was thinking what the password was but he remembered what the quest they did when they found the code.

"Ready for everything, you need to be ready. I know this case is dangerous for kids like you so I want you to train yourself to be stronger, you need to know how to use a gun for your defence," he explains but Dane just turns on his phone and stops listening to him. Riggs notices how Dane ignoring him he grabs the phone from his hand and glares at him

"What the..."

"Train? We have Dane he can fight," Lay said with a grin. He was proud that they had Dane so they could fight anyone but once again Riggs hit his head.

"You're hobby is to hit our heads!" Lay shouted while his mouth was open Riggs put Dane's phone in his mouth to make him shut up.

"Your voice was so annoying as I was saying Dane strength is still not past as a cop or a detective so I want you to learn to defend yourself, fight and use a weapon," he said. Jevan was still thinking if he should listen to him but later on, he nodded.

"Now get up everyone, let's go to the train," he said before he stood up and walked toward the door.

"But we still didn't eat anything." Riggs turned around and showed his grin.

"I don't care. I already ate some food so let's go," he said before going out Jevan, Dane and Lay frowned but they didn't have a choice but to listen to him.

They stood up from where they were sitting before following Riggs to the garden.

When they arrived suddenly attacked them with a warning. He attacks Jevan and Dane using his hand and kicks Lay from behind. They all struggle when Riggs moves faster he grabs Jevan and pushes him forward Dane makes them stumble on the ground after that he focuses on Lay and hits his chin.

"Ouch!" Lay complain before he loses balance beside Jevan and Dane who are still out stunned but Riggs walks toward them.

"Now you finally understand what I mean? You can't even try to defend yourself from me what for the enemy? I know there are big
syndicates out there who can take you down without even trying you already go to Red Mountain right? You know what happened there," he said. That area was under investigation and until now he didn't know who was the man under that place why he was doing it, why he enjoyed killing cops that went there why he was bringing the body they killed to that mountain and many more.

The existence of that man is still a mystery and he was there to find the truth.

"Yeah we know they're really strong and we know there are many of them," Jevan answered. He stood up after that he helped Dane before Lay stood up.

"So you finally understand? So let's get going I'll teach you self-defence for now and tomorrow I will bring you to the firing area to teach you how to use guns," he said Lay, Jevan, and Dane nodded with determination on their face.

They already accept that this is the pattern they are used to. Maybe it was dangerous and it might lead them to an early death but they don't care anymore.

"Think about the people you want to save," Riggs said as they closed their eyes. Jevan saw Lyndon's face he was smiling while Dane and Lay saw Lyndon and Jevan who were smiling together they wanted to help Jevan to be with his brother again...

"For Lyndon," three of them said Riggs

In the morning Jevan and Lay can't move their vody after the heavy training they did yesterday with Riggs.

Dane saw them lying on the king-size bed he woke up and walked toward the door through the kitchen.

He was hungry but when he looked at the fridge there was nothing there.

He sighs before he walks out of the house.

He was planning to buy bread for them for this morning when he arrived at the bakery Alina greeted him with a smile and he just nodded and bought bread.

After that, he walked out from there.

He was nearly at the house when a man stood in front of him he was smiling and sipping his cigarette.

"Who are you?" Dane added with a clam boy but that guy didn't even say a word instead he tried to attack Dane. He avoided his attack and hit the guy with the bread he was holding. He tried to punch him in the face but that guy punched him first and started hitting his body with that still pain from yesterday.

Dane still standing breathing heavily. "Wow what an interesting guy," he said clapping his hand. Dane moved his body he pulled the guy's collar but after the loss, he griped and collapsed.

The guy stared at him before he shook his head he took out his gun and pointed it at Danw who already lying on the ground.

He was about to pull the trigger when he stopped and took his gun back. "What a waste. Let's say you're interested so I won't kill you for now... later on you will be capable of fighting me and I'm waiting for that day..."