Chapter 06

"Who are you?" Jevan asked the person and he suddenly turned around to look at him while sipping the cigarette in his hand.

Jevan still stood until the person moved and walked toward him with a smile on his face.

"I'm just a beggar," that person said after he let out a silent chuckle. Jevan looks at him weirdly.

"Beggar don't hesitate to buy food from his earnings than buying a cigarette," Jevan said making that person stare at him for a moment before he laughed loudly.

"You're right but the money I earned today is only fit for a cigarette so young man do you have some food and water there?" He asked. Jevan looked at the man with a frown, he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"I'm sorry, I don't have. I only have some money for my brother today," Jevan said. Even if he wanted to help he couldn't, the shop still not paying him for his service and the only money he had was for him and his brother's allowance for a week.

"Is that so?" The young man said and bowed his head. Jevan looked around, he wanted to help, being hungry in such situations is not easy and he knew the feelings.

Jevan took the phone from his pocket and sent a message to their group chat.

'Guys, can you lend me some money? Or just go here and get me some food and drinks, I will pay you' he said in the message where the group chat only had 3 members, him, Dane, and Lay.

'Got it!' they reply immediately. Jevan smiled. He knew his friend would help him. Jevan didn't reply anymore and faced the old man.

"My friend will come here to give you some food. You should wait here, and old man don't smoke anymore that will cause you many diseases." The old man couldn't understand that the guy would help him, he didn't expect it and he was just joking but the young man didn't hesitate to help him even though he was a stranger.

Jevan told the old man that they would sit on the bench near the shop to wait for Dane and Lay there. A few minutes passed none of them spoke observing each other without saying a word and that worked until Dane arrived using a Kawasaki Ninja H2R. Jevan frowned at Dane, their house was near the shop but here he was using his expensive motorbike just to give food.

"Hey, yow!" He greeted. The old man looked at the motorbike before he whistled. Jevan just nods at Dane and after that, the man walks toward them.

Before Dane was about to ask, the man arrived with a car and parked in front of them.

After a while, the person opened the car and glared at Dane. "You bastard! You left me there and gave me all the food in my compartment! Didn't you realize that my dad scolded me again because I use my car at this hour?! I was about to use my motorbike too but you used yours!"

Dane just shrugged at him and went to the compartment and got all three boxes that had a lot of food.

Dane put it in front of the old man who was stunned by it. "Don't hesitate to get that, they're rich," Jevan said to him.

"Really?! Haha, the three of you are such a good man," the man said and opened the box. Jevan, Dane, and Lay looked at each other before they shook their heads.

"Also share it with your co-workers," Jevan said making Dane and Lay stop the man was stunned looking at the box, he lifted his gaze and looked at Jevan's eyes.

"You're a detective right?" Jevan said making Dane and Lay look at the man. They're finding what part of the man looks like a detective but they saw him more than like a drunker than a person what Jevan said.

"How did you know?" The man said. Jevan had something in his pocket.

"A case of a woman who passed away from her house and got murdered where the woman's body parts were cut into pieces," Jevan spoke before he gave the paper to the man. Dane and Lay wanted to vomit from what they heard but the man was amazed at him.

"How did you get it?" The man said getting the file case from Jevan's hand.

"That's what you're finding in the trash can, isn't it? I saw it before you did," Jevan said to him before he showed a playful smile.

"You're amazing huh? This case is important and I know the cause of this that's why let's agree to exchange this file, tell me something you want to find," the man said. He knew from seeing Jevan's eyes Jevan had a deep meaning in his life and for some reason, he wanted to help.

Jevan expected no detective could help him, usually, he didn't have money but now someone was offering him, free.

"There's a murder case of 2 people inside their house. The reason is unknown and the police were pretending to be deaf about this case." Dane stared at him, he could see an emotion in him and those words with pain in his eyes.

The man stands up and gets the box before he walks. Dane and Lay get offended by it while Jevan bows, he realizes that the detective doesn't have an intention to help him, he was wrong in expecting something.

The three of them silenced for a moment but someone spoke not far away from them. "You're such a wonderful child, If we meet again remember this your path in life is right." The three of their mouths open.

"What is the meaning of that?" Lay, Dane and Jevan were confused and didn't understand what the man meant.

Jevan look at the email again.

"He's assuring me of the path of my life and a numerology of that is...... I know it!" Jevan shouted while widening his eyes.

Dane and Lay look at each other trying to understand but they just frown because they can't understand anything.

"You remember the last thing he said that Time we couldn't understand? But after that night I kept studying about it, he's a detective and it's normal for him to be careful of his words, using some words behind the answers," Jevan said. Dane and lay nod they remember that time.

"So what's the code?"