Chapter 12

"Rock paper scissors shoot!"

"What?! It's not fair!" Lay complained when he lost.

"What's not fair? Can't you see you're the one who lost." Lay glared at Dane when he said that before he grabbed the money from the sofa.

He walks outside with his mood is not quite right.

Dane and Jevan laughed when Lay was finally gone.

Lay was marching on his feet like he was carrying heavy things in it.

Dane and Jevan suppress themselves to laugh at him.

"Hey let go of me! Besides it's useless to put me in a blindfold because I already saw you and I'll make sure I sue you for kidnapping me!" The man keeps struggling from his seat. Jevan and Dane looked at each other before they shook their head and ignored him.

They sat beside the boy and used their phone like they didn't even hear the guy shouting his tongue out loud.

While not far away from Jevan's house there's Lay. He enters the bakery.

A woman who is age 20 greets him with a smile.

"Good morning sir, how may I help you?" She said. Lay smiled at her and looked around.

They always eat a break at breakfast so he decided to buy it.

He walks around the shop and chooses a piece of bread after that he brings it to the counter where the woman who greets him is.

"It's $50, sir," she said. Lay brought out his money and paid the bill while the woman packed the bread Lay noticed that she was looking outside. He turned around to look at what she was looking at but couldn't see anything there.

Lay choose to ignore it and get the paper bag from her.

"Thank you for coming, sir!" She said again. Lay nodded at her before finally going outside.

While Lay was walking he saw someone familiar walking on the road near the bar.

"Hey!" He tried to get that person's attention causing her to look around.

At first, she didn't recognize Lay but a second later he smiled.

Lay walked toward her. "How are you?" He asked, the girl sighed for a moment.

"Hmm I'm fine, I'm going to the bar to take a day off later. What about you? Where did you go?" She asked politely. Lay look at the bakery and points his finger there.

"There, I lost the Jack and Poy game so I was the one who bought our breakfast." Lay frowned he suddenly remembered how he lost to that simple game.

The girl chuckled and made Lay look at her, he found her cute her fingertips were touching her lips while smiling.

Lay shake his head before he looks in the other direction. "T-then you can have this," he didn't know why his voice was shaking but he still managed to get the pastry in the paper bag before giving it to another.

The girl was hesitant to receive it but he managed to get it from him. "Thank you for this Mister, also thank you for your help yesterday, I'll give my gratitude to you and your friends," she sweetly said with a cute smile that makes any person look at her fell in love.

"A-ahh no problem, then I'll go first." Lay didn't wait for her to respond instead he ran as fast as he could to cover the embarrassed expression that he had from the moment he saw her smile.

A minute later Lay finally arrived at Jevan's house. He saw his friends on the sofa looking at their phones, they looked like they had their world, a world that was full of peace as if there was no noise at that house even the person who tied at the other seat shouting his throat out.

"Wow, I'm impressed. You still look calm even though this person is shouting? To be honest, it makes me annoyed," Lay said before he threw what he bought into Jevan's face.

"What the." Now he finally manages to get their attention.

Lay walk toward them and sit in between. Dane and Jevan glare at him but he just shrugs his shoulder.

"You know guys I saw the girl at the bar earlier she's cute without makeup," he said while smiling like an idiot. Dane stares at him.

"Yeah, right you easy to fall that's the reason why you're heart is always broken from choosing the wrong person," Jevan said without hesitation, a second later Dane's laugh filled the house.

"Dude that's hurt," he said while pouting but Jevan ignored him instead he stood up, get the bread and walked toward the kitchen.

He felt that Dane and Lay followed him inside.

"Hey, Dane stirs some coffee make it 4," Jevan said. Dane was about to do it until he realised what Jevan said.

"4? You're giving some food to that guy?" Lay asked, he was finally sitting at the counter.

Jevan turned around and nodded "We're not going to torture him, we just bring him to interrogate, we still need to feed him," he said before turning around. Apart from what Dane heard he finally went to the cabinet, get to get some cups.

Lay shakes his head at his friend's behaviour.

"Just as you said." Dane put down the cup.

"What about the case? Do you two hear about your brothers?" Jevan asked while he was pouring the coffee into the cup while his friends were watching what he was doing, sitting at the counter in front of him.

"No, it's complicated do you think this guy is the culprit?" Lay asked. He grabbed the coffee and take a sip but he just received a slap to his arm from Jevan.

"Stop it, we will have breakfast with him got it?" Dane shrugged. He didn't even complain even he wanted to drink a coffee now.

"So what's the plan?" Dane asked tapping the tiles, he's gotten impatient. Jevan finally put it in the tray.

"We'll interrogate him," he said before walking. Dane and Lay follow him outside the kitchen.

When they arrive at the living room Dane walks through the man before pulling the clothes covering his head.

The man widened his eyes. "I'm gonna sue you!" He shouted out loud making them block their ears.

Dane pulled his collar and made eye contact with him, his gaze was cold making that guy shut his mouth.

"Shout again, I'll make sure you will lose your tongue."