Chapter 27

"It's him!" Jevan said before they ran. When the man was about to open the door Dane held his hand.

"Sir," Jevan called. He was confused looking at them.

"What is it?" He asked, nodding at Dane before he took out the letter he saw in the bedroom.

The man read the letter and he began to widen his eyes.

"This is not true! Where's Merlis?!" He shouted but Dane didn't let go of him when he was about to open the door.

"Your wife is dead," Jevan said in his cold voice making him struggle and slowly look at him.

"What did you say?" He asked. Jevan was about to repeat what he just said but he stopped when someone opened the door from inside.

They saw that man, his gaze was sharp like a dagger that was about to stab.

He hit a photo on the guy's chest and it was thrown onto the floor.

They all look at it. It was a picture of a man and a woman naked in bed. The woman was taking a selfie and looked like he was satisfied and the date is at the back of the picture. The date when Merlis' husband was about to spend his time to work but instead he was spending his time with another woman.

Lay pulls his collar. "Now explain this!" His hand was shaking. Until now he was shocked by what he saw under the couch. He tried to move it earlier and there he saw that.

He was mad as hell, the past of him bringing into him where his dad cheated on another woman and left his mom but then after so many years his father came to their small house and beg their mother to come back but until now he can't forgive his father for exchanging their mother into a whore even he changes.

"Tell me!" He shouted. Dane pats his back to stop him while Jevan shakes his head.

The guy didn't say anything instead he pushed Lay making him hit the door before the man ran fast far away from there.

Dane was about to run after him but he could not be seen.

"We know it hit you hard but dude calm down." Jevan walked toward him before he patted his back and tried to calm him down. Lay still breathing fast.

"Let's go back for now," Dane said. Now he finally walked toward the picture and picked it up before he gave it to Jevan.

"Yeah, I think that's what we need to do for now," he agreed. After that, they quickly walked toward the car while Lay still didn't say anything. His bubbly personality changes in that moment, there's something inside the house that keeps his heart hurt and the revelation he just found out.

They're quiet until they arrive at the office, it is time for their nap but they are still finding a clue.

When they enter the office they throw themselves into the couch.

"So this is the only thing you saw?" Jevan asked flipping the photo. Lay sighed before he shook his head.

"You asked me to look at what's inside the parcel but it's a box of the knife that I saw beside it and I'm sure that's the weapon they used to kill her and her." Lay got something into his pocket it's 3 letters he put on the table.

Jevan opens it and it pulls off death threats.

After they read all the letters they look at each other before they rest their head.

"Why this case is so complicated!" Jevan said massaging his forehead.

Someone pov

"Please no..." a little boy shouted. I smirked when a man entered the room.

"Let him go! You promise he's not part of it!" he said. The smile on my lips faded away before I pulled my gun to point at him but just like what I did he also raised his gun.

"Hahahaha!" I laugh so loud before I put it back and raise my hand to show that I surrender. It's not because I can't win against him it's because I still need him, maybe after my plan I will also dig a grave for him to lie down.

He walks toward the kid that I tie into the chair, he loses the tie before helping him to stand up.

"What a waste. I want to use that kid's organ." I licked my lips when I saw that and there I saw the kid start to widen his eyes.

"I'll find someone who exchanges him just don't touch this kid," he said but I threw myself onto the couch before I leaned at the table where my wine was.

I raise it to offer him but he just looks at me without expression in his eyes. That's the reason why I want him to work with me.

"Ok fine," I said. I guess I need to pretend but later on, when I kill him I will use that kid like I wanted without him interrupting.

"I want to go home, please my brother was waiting for me." I watch them talking the kid already crying. I raise my fit to the table while sipping the champagne. This is the reason why I don't like kids, all they can do is cry and it's annoying. I want to rip those lips or cut his tongue so it won't escape any words.

"Please mister..." I wanted to laugh when I saw him sit and try to pursue the kid. He leans to hold his hand.

"Don't worry I'll bring you back." The wine inside my mouth spills it out before I let out a loud laugh.

They look at me like I was already out of my mind but that's what I am.

"Do you think he will do it? Hey kid, your purpose in life is to stay still and get killed," I said but Andros glared at me, his glare didn't even scare me a bit that's why I smirked at him.

"You're lying.." the kid said but this time I just shrugged with an evil smile on my face...