Chapter 40

"Kill them..." Jevan and Dane position themselves. They're waiting for those guys to attack and when someone tries to punch them they stand up and kick their knee.

Jeevan pulled the guy, he was fighting into his fit and pinched his face until he passed out while on Dane's side, he slowly pulled the cutter that he used earlier and hit it into that guy's shoulder.

"Ah!" The guy resists before he stumbles to the ground.

They still fight the other until all of them lie on at ground. Davin stood up clapping his hand but without them noticing suddenly the tip of the gun touched Jevan's forehead.

"How was it?" He asked. Dane and Jevan look each other, they didn't know how he moved that fast, they couldn't even notice it.

"Now are you going to give me your eyes?" He asked. Jevan and Dane to look again before a smirk formed on his lips. Dane shot the gun and it stumbled to the ground.

"How dare you!" He shouted but the door opened with a bang and showed Riggs and Lay holding a gun.

"You see, you're the one who took the bait," Jevan said smirking. He pulled the guy's hair and gripped it as harshly as he could before he threw it toward Dane.

"How did you..." He asked. Blood flowing onto his lips. Jevan went to Lyndon and carried him, his brother already passed out.

Dane looked around, he saw Andros trying to escape, he was about to catch him but he was already gone.

"It's easy, we investigated your background we found out the hospital has a son and we put your name in the hospital staff, it made us think you're a suspicious one and then we saw you sneakingly go to that secret room. You wanted to see our evidence?" Lay show the phone where the picture of that man showed, he was standing in front of that room.

"This can't be! I will get your eyes no matter what," he looked at jJevan but Jevan hit his head and made him pass out.

"That's brutal dude." Lay shook his head in amazement.

At first Jevan discussed what they did, Lay purposely moved away from them so if they moved he could escape to call Riggs.

"Now the golden eye is now close?" Lay asked with a grin. Dane and Jevan look at each other before they smile and nod.

"Case close..." The three of them whispered. Riggs proudly looked at him while the other police stared at them before they got to the other man who was lying on the ground.

They walk out of that warehouse and get into Dane's car where Lay used to drive.

When they arrive at the house Jevan puts Lyndon on the bed and waits for him to wake up. When the kid wakes up he hugs them tight.

"Brother... You save me," he said between his sob. They smile at him and mess with his head.

"Don't do that again, don't trust strangers that easily," Jevan said. Lyndon suddenly realised something.

"What about mister? Is he ok?" he worriedly asked, he was finding Andros.

"Mister?" All of them asked. Lyndon nod so many times while looking around the room.

"Yes, Mister. He was alone, he should be with us." Jevan clenched his fust

"Look Lyndon he can't be with us, he was a criminal, he kidnapped you." Lyndon couldn't understand what Jevan wanted to point out but he could feel his brother was mad at the mister he was talking about that's why he chose to be quiet and nod at him.

"Yes.." he whispered. Jevan brush his hair.

"Change your, clothes then we will have dinner." Lyndon nodded before he walked through his bathroom.

Jevan, Dane and Lay walked out of the car.

"What to do? Rhat guy escape, should we catch him?" Lay asked while they were walking downstairs.

"I don't know but that guy wanted to protect Lyndon earlier, I'll spare him," Jevan asked. They shook their head at what they heard from him.

"I can't believe, we solved a case that they didn't solve before..." Lay said. Dane and Jevan agreed with that.

"But do you think those guys are connected to that Devin?" Dane asked until now they're thinking that.

"Whose guys?" Lay asked as sat on the sofa.

"That guy in the red mountain, that guy who tried to find us?" Jevan asked even Dane who remembers them.

Lay shrugged. "Well I think so, let's go to Red Mountain tomorrow to see the detective" he suggests. They agree to his suggestion they also want to go there to visit Dewie who was the reason for everything.

When the morning comes they bring Lyndon to his school.

"Brother, why do you need to send me?" Lyndon said his teacher was beside him.

"For your safety," Jevan looked to the teacher before he bowed. "Maam please take care of my brother, I will flech him later," he said. The teacher smiling at him

"Of course," she said after that they started to walk away. When they arrive at Dane's car he drives toward the red mountain.

They didn't know why they felt heavy while the car was slowly near the red mountain.

They stopped the car at the riverside and walked inside the woods.

They saw nothing in there because it's still daylight.

After they walk toward there, they arrive at the hill where they choose to dig a grave for Dewie.

"Should we ask Riggs to move his body?" lay asked while staring at the grave. There was many grass in there it nearly couldn't recognise the ground.

"I think so, Riggs didn't know this but for sure he will agree," Jevan said before he looked again.

A smile forming on his lips.

"Hey Dewie, we did it. Are you gonna reward us?" He jokingly asked at the grave. Dane and Lay chuckled.

"Yeah right, we did what you can't solve. We're incredible right?" Dane hit Lay head for being an idiot but Lay just glared at them.

"Stop both of you...."

"Do you think this is just starting?" Lay asked. Jevan and Dane pursed their lips.

"We still didn't catch the other guys..." Dane responded. They knew there was something more powerful than that Devin who was watching them solve the secret and reveal it to others.

A smile forms on their lips before Jevan says,
"Of course it is. We will continue this and we're still in the starting line..." They look at each other before they nod.

Not far away from where the detective trio are, a guy is watching them at the top of the tree, he is sipping his cigarette, and his lips form into an evil grin.... "This becomes interesting...HAHA"

                                     END