Chapter 08

"BEND!" Dane shouted while they were running. Lay and Jevan did what he said and after that, a bullet passed up their heads.

They can feel that but don't stop or panicked

They stop and the next thing they did was pull the car door and throw themselves in it.

Dane didn't say a word, he started the engine and drove the car as fast as he could.

He knew those guys would try to read his car plate so they would find them easily but he's clever to think that way that's why he didn't waste any time to get away from them.

"Shit, what was that!" Lay said holding his breath. Jevan could feel his heart beating faster it's look like they were still someone behind them who trying to murder them away.

"Relax they can't follow us now," Dane said in a serious tone but if he'd been honest with them he also felt a little bit shocked by what they had been through. It was the first time he experienced nearly killed, he couldn't lose anything...

                                      —

After their long journey back to the city while calming themselves, they arrive at the address at 3:00 p.m.

The street has no space for Dane's car so they decided to park it nearby before coming out from the car.

They go through the street, and many children are playing. They also nearly bump a kid but they manage to escape from that situation.

All of them wince when their something fishy they smell while they're walking.

They turned around and saw in front of that house there was a canal, the water was stinky, there was garbage and many more, and the colour of the water was almost black.

That sight they saw and that stink smell made them retch.

"This place... Why they can't clean it and be responsible?" Jevan said while scowling. Lay and Dane agree with him they also wear expressions on their face until they arrive in front of the small apartment.

There's also a canal in front, the door has many drawings.

They're looking at the door and see an appropriate figure that makes them laugh hard. A private part of a guy and a woman.

This is the first time they saw something like this, this crackling them up.

"Wait, I think this is not the house," Dane said finding a pressing to put their code.

Lay and Jevan also looked around they saw nothing.

"Let's try the key we saw," Lay said trying to remind them that they also found a key in the envelope.

"You're right," Jevan agreed before he got the key from his pocket. He chose to hide it there before they went.

Jevan starts to use the key at the doorknob while Lay and Dane watch him, after a second Jevan successfully unlocks the door before he pushes it open.

They saw a dark area but Lay tried to find the switch of the light before they came in.

The whole room is so small that it looks outside, many papers scramble at the ground, and there's no stinky smell that passes through their nose.

All of them want to wince from that smell, it's the smell of waste food that the detective forgot to clean.

"Guys this isn't a room, this is a garbage place!" Lay complained copping his nose to avoid the heavy smell from the whole place.

Dane was frowning he wanted to go out from there. He was thinking about how that detective survived in this kind of place, he didn't know a proper way to be clean and neat!

"Guys, I'll call our maid to clean this house I can't take this anymore," he said. Lay's face lightened from what he heard from his friend before he nodded so many times saying he should hurry up.

Jevan turned and found holding a cup of noodles with a waste of food in his hand.

"No, you can't! We shouldn't let anyone find this place," he said before he went and got the big plastic beside the table and put the noodles there.

Lay eyes widened couldn't believe what he heard. "So it means we will be the ones who clean this?! Dane just kills me," Lay said rushing to go to Dane and trying to let Dane hold his neck.

Dane frowned even more before he pushed Lay's hand. "Stop overreacting we don't have any choice," he said before helping Jevan who was already cleaning the place.

Lay stayed there for a minute before he let out a deep sigh, he couldn't believe after his father kicked him from their house this would happen to him next.

All his life there was a maid who served him but now he was cleaning the dirtiest house he had ever seen in his entire life and it was making him sick.

                                       —

All of them cleaned the apartment for 5 hours, Lay got the garbage from the floor, and Jevan swept the dusk on the floor, window, ceiling and cabinet while Dane helped him move the heavy things so he could sweep them properly.

After that they threw themselves onto the couch,  panting. They hadn't felt this tired before.

"So what's the next?" Lay asked, looking at his phone he was expecting some message from his mother or brother but there was nothing.

Dane also looks at the message he receives from his. ' Son, we can't go back in this week so let the maid prepare what you need OK? We love you!' From those sweet messages from his parent he can't even smile or feel overwhelmed instead he rushes to shut his phone.

He couldn't believe it, he already told them he was about to move out of the house but it looked like they didn't read his message or paid attention to what he said.

He was pampered by their money but they lacked the attention that he needed as their son. While growing up he couldn't understand his brother why was always awkward when their parents were present but he understands that like his brother he was not happy with how they showed their presence from the money they gave because the only thing they wanted was their physical love, not the materials they bring.

Jevan could see his friend's expression, the only thing he read in their eyes was 'sadness' he knew even his friend had a family and money they were not happy because of the family they had while he had a family who loved him and his brother, also have money before but now all of them are the same...

Jevan pats their shoulder. "I saw a vault I think there's a case inside if we do the job we have received money from a client." He said trying to lighten the place.

He successfully got their attention so he got up and got the voult from the cabinet. He tried the key again it's look like the door and the vault had the same key.

He opened it and saw many papers inside. All of them read the paper one by one but their face was priceless when they read it...

"What the f*ck is this?!"