Chapter 26

"We want to talk."

"Let go of me!" He shouted while struggling at Dane's grips.

"Please stop struggling. We just really want to ask something. Here. You can check if we are lying," they said. They gave the authorization from Riggs.

The delivery guy stopped and read it after that finally stop from struggling.

"What do you want to ask?" He said looking in the other direction it looks. They notice that man want to fool them.

"We want an honest answer or else." Dane looked into his eyes and he glared at him.

"Ok, fine spill it!" He said impatiently. Jevan and Lay look at each other before they change a nod.

"So we just found out there's a delivery boy who came here the day after yesterday is that you?" Jevan asked. The guy to think for a moment before he rushed to shake his head...

"No! Well, that's the parcel I should deliver here but Ruiz insisted on being the one who sent it here." He said finally Dane let go of him.

They exchange a gaze with each other. "Ruiz? You're saying that there's another man who sent it here? Is the box is colour blue?" The guy's eyes widened before he nodded.

"Yes it is," he said. Now Lay already understand why that parcel is full of blood.

"Can you tell us where he lives or where we can see him?" Jevan asked again the delivery man pulled out his phone from his pocket before showing it to them...

"Here. I always saw him in the flower shop where his aunt was the owner. You can see him there," he said. He doesn't want to tell them everything but he knows something is happening.

"Why you're looking for him? Did he kill someone?" He asked. He suddenly shivered when a cold wind passed into his body. He looks up at the house but he rushes to look at Jevan when he just feels something off...

"We still don't know but didn't you know this house is under surveillance? A woman got killed here." That guy widened his eyes before he walked backward.

"What?!" The three of them nod as he walks backward again. He is about to run but he remembers that the parcel he just sent still doesn't have any payment.

"Wait. I can't go, I don't have money to pay for the parcel I'm just delivering!" He said. They looked at the parcel in front of the house.

"How much it is?" Lay asked but he doesn't have a plan to pay for it.

"$100," he said. Dane pulled out his wallet before throwing the money into him. Jevan and Lay look at him with shock on their face.

"Get out of here. Don't make me see your face again," he said. The man bowed to him before running again to his motorcycle and rushing to drive away from there.

"Did you just scare someone again Dane?" Jevan scolded but Dane just shrugged before picking up the parcel.

"Hey, that's not yours," Lay commanded but Dane turned around to stare at him.

"I paid for it," he said in a cold voice. Jevan anted to hit his head for being stubborn but they couldn't do anything about him, they just watched him open the parcel.

"A vase?" Jevan asked. They were looking into a white vase with a design of a serpent who was clinging to a tree.

"Do you think that woman want us to tell about this?" Lay asked. They were looking at the vase but then Jevan got it to form Dane's hand.

"I don't know but let's go back for now."

Early in the morning, they're inside the office looking at the vase on the table with the other evidence. The picture of the woman, the letter, the picture of the parcel, and the box.

"I think something is missing..." Jevan whispers staring at it. Lay was looking into the box that was out in the cabinet he stared at it but then he just remembered something before he stood up.

"Yeah, I remember I didn't open the box!" He said. Dane and Jevan glared at him before hitting his head.

"Didn't we tell you to look very edge of the house?" Jevan scolded him. Lay just brushed his hair in embarrassment.

"I don't think about that anymore. Do you think I will remember that if you saw the blood in it? I just realised how Dane opened the parcel without hesitation OK?!" he explained but their glare didn't change.

"You forgot about it, right? Then you'll be the one who will go there later in the evening for your punishment," Jevan said then he suddenly grinned.

Lay widened his eyes before grabbing Jevan's collar. "You're kidding, right? Dane help me Jevan just got possessed by a demon!" Lay said now finally shaking Dane's shoulder who was just frowning.

Dane stays still. "It's your fault. We'll wait for not far from there," Dane said. Lay lost his grip before dramatically sitting on the floor, he also raised his hand like into the air.

"Can I change a friend?!" He shouted but Jevan and Dane already ignored him. He just hopelessly lay on the ground while trying to kneel in front of them so they wouldn't send him inside the house alone but they didn't even listen to him Dane and Jevan also plugged headphones into their ear so they couldn't hear Lay.

In the evening Lay entered the house while his knee was shaking. Outside the house, Dane and Jevan sitting at the bar near the house.

They suddenly stood up when they saw a man stumble from the ground. He was wearing a suit and holding a briefcase.

"Are you ok?" Jevan asked. When they approached him they helped him to stand up. The man looks at them before he shows a smile.

"I'm fine, thank you," he said. Jevan pulled his hand before nodding. The man takes a life those two can't take their eyes off him but then they watch him stop at the gate.

Their mouth was slightly open when they saw him enter the gate of the woman's house who died a day ago...

"It's him!"