1 - I've given up on you

"You're the reason why I can't listen to those same songs I used to"

Real Friends - I've Given Up On You

" ROOOOOOOXANNE"

I turned around at the singing of my name. Yeah the singing. My name's Roxanne, like in that song from The Police. Yeah yeah, that one, the one about a prostitute.

"For Christ's sake Michael, how many time are you going to do this stupid joke ?" I growled, visibly annoyed, since I get that at least three times a day.

" I don't know, probably for as long as we're friends" He chuckled.

" Well then bye, it was fun knowing you !" I joked and started walking faster, waving my hand at him.

" No Roxanne please stop !" He ran to catch up to me. "I'm sorry, it's just too easy."

" I know that." I sighed. "But hey, how are you feeling your first day of Senior Year?"

" Well, I don't feel as bad as the first day of Freshman, so I guess it's some kind of improvement." He shrugged.

I smiled at him and we walked to the school, which is only a block away. As soon as we passed the gate, we already got weird looks form the attendance, but they quickly looked away. We're kinda used to that with Michael, since we're the 'punks' here. We passed through the crowd to get our schedules, and the almighty lord must have heard our prayers, since we have almost all of our classes together. Except for French, since Michael doesn't have this class, Math and PE. Well the last one is the most annoying for me since I hate this class. I hope Calum, my other friend will be there.

" Hey you guys!" Speaking of the devil. "It's been so long !" Calum literally yells.

" Shut up, you're being too loud!" I groaned. "And we've had a party at yours two days ago you dumb shit."

" Well, happy to see you haven't changed." He said kind of dryly.

" Why would I ?"

" I don't know, you know what, just drop it."

He started talking to Michael, and then we exchanged our schedules, and he was in Michael's PE class, but not mine. But apparently, I was in a guy called Luke's class. And I spare you the story of how Calum met him during the holidays, and that he actually has been at our school since freshman and all, and 'he's a pretty great guy, just a little shy'. I decided I'll just go with the flow, not like I give a damn anyways. The bell rung and we headed to our first class, which was Math. Great way to start the week. Two hours of plain boredom. Actually, the first few days of class are pretty easy to go through. Teachers introduce themselves, we introduce ourselves, and then we're done. I happen to be sitting next to a Luke in math, I don't know if it's the same one Calum was talking about though, and I don't think I really give a shit anyways so. At the end of the class, I headed outside the school to meet up with Michael, who was smoking.

" Hey !" He greeted me. " How was first period ?"

" It was math, what do you expect me to say." I snapped.

" Any pretty boy around you ?"

Michael was like that. He knew I sort of had a short temper, and could get really bitchy, but he never argued with me about that, because he knew why I was like that. He just decided to move on and change the topic whenever I got too mad because of a subject. I softened a little and told him that no one deserved to be payed a lot of attention to, and mentioned Luke.

" Is it the Luke that Calum told us about ?" He asked with a smile.

" I don't know, I'll have to ask him about that."

Just as we talked about Luke, Calum approached us with him, and I overheard the conversation they were having. I couldn't make up all of it, but I definitely heard how Luke was sitting next to a weird ass girl in Math, that had piercings and tattoos, and didn't talk. The 'weird girl', which is most definitely me, was also called a punk, and was apparently kind of scary. Just as they approached, he shut up.

" Well, Luke, here are those friends I told you about." He smiled. "This is Michael, and this is ..."

" The weird girl." I interrupted Calum. "Who actually has a name, by the way." I said as coldly as I could.

The blond guy started playing with his hands, looking down at his shoes, blushing a little. But the awkward (to say the least) moment was cut off by the bell, and Michael grabbed my hand, leading me to our next period, History. The rest of the day went on like that actually, and I tried to avoid Calum and his new friend as much as I could, and succeeded. I said goodbye to Michael when we had to take different paths to go home. When I arrived, I was greeted by my Great Dane puppy who jumped on me and then rushed to the door.

" Wanna go for a walk ?" I cooed. " Okay, come on Jack ! "

I took his leash and he followed me outside. There was a park nearby where I could unleash him and let him run. The walk there was only like five minutes, and I let him free once we go there and sat on a bench.

" No no! Molly no, come back here !" I heard yelling and saw a black dog run.

I instantly caught it, as gently as I could, and then, hoped that he wouldn't bite me. That is me, always doing without thinking beforehand. I sat on the ground next to the dog and petted him slightly.

" Oh my god Molly you're here! Thank you so much for catching her !"

I looked up to see the guy, and oh joy, it was Luke. I sighed loudly and released the dog, to go find my own, then heading back to my place.

// First chapter out heheh

I can't wait to see what you guys think of it :)