9- Fly

"How could it get more beautiful than this?"

Sleeping with Sirens

Today was wrestling day. School day went pretty normally, and I was really anxious for tonight. I decided I would accept Phil's proposition to grab a drink and settle everything down. I arrived a bit early, as usual, so I got changed and went to the room to start stretching, but apparently I wasn't the only early one.

" Oh, hey Phil." I said timidly.

"Hello, Roxanne." He said while getting up to come to me. "Still early I see ?"

" Yeah, you don't change a winning team." I chuckled.

" Hey, you're a bit more talkative than last time, I like that." He smiled.

" Yeah sorry for last time, I was just a bit shocked you know." I said sarcastically. "Having my ex boyfriend whom I haven't had any news from for years, arriving like that in front of me, kinda took me aback, I'm sorry."

" That's the sarcastic Roxy I know." He laughed. "Have you thought about my proposition for a drink?"

" Actually yeah, and I wanna accept it."

" Really?" He looked shocked. " I mean, yeah, that's, erm, that's great. And of course I'm inviting you."

" You don't have to ...."

" I know." He interrupted me. "But I want to."

I just smiled and nodded, and we started the warms-up. Daniel doesn't come on Fridays, since he has another class at the same time. It's just Phil and I.

" Hey, you did really good on the submission holds Tuesday. Do you wanna start now on more complex things? " He asked. "Like maybe supplexes or well actually things that do not happen when you're sitting on the ring." He laughed.

" Yep, I'm down." I said. "But how do you expect me to do a supplex on you?"

" How much do you weigh? If my memory is good, it should be around 65 kg?"

" Well, i'm shocked you remembered that." I breathed out. "But I've gained muscle since that, and I now weigh 68kg."

" I weigh 70kg, and I am able to hold up people that are around 100/120kg. With much difficulty, but I can." He smiled. "So you can too."

" Well, let's see."

He started by doing some on me, so I could understand the mechanism. It's actually pretty simple, but all resides in the strength in all your body, the legs, the torso, but especially the arms. He taught me how to do the descent as well, without hurting my opponent and myself. He then asked me to perform on on him. Lifting him off of the floor was pretty damn hard. But he helped me with a little push on his legs, and i finally got him in the air, for a Fisherman Supplex. It is actually easy enough to do since you don't have to hold the person in the air really long. We practiced it for a moment, before he decided we deserved a little break.

" How long have we been on that move?" I asked.

" 37 minutes straight exactly." He said. "You have a good stamina, that's good news for a future wrestler."

" Well I hope I can follow that way, but it's not done yet."

" I hope for you." He said gently." This is not the easiest life, but if it's what you want then go for it a hundred percent. And who knows, that might make our paths cross again." He winked. "Okay, I'll teach you two other supplexes, and then we'll be done."

" Let me guess, belly-to-belly and German supplex?" I guessed.

" How do you know?!" He questioned, visibly shocked.

" I don't know, I just don't see you doing any other types of suplexes." I laughed. "I guess you're kind of a quick wrestler, probably a high flyer, and choosing kicks over arms, right?"

" For the second time, how do you know?"

" Hey, you're a blue belt in JuiJitsu, and I do that too, so I kinda know." I laughed. "Plus we've already trained together a long time ago, remember?"

" A point for you." He smiled. "Ready for the German suplex?"

" I was born ready."

We did the same thing as for the Fisherman, he showed me and then I did it. After a moment, I had to take off my shirt, so I was just in my sports bra. I wasn't really self conscious about my body. I had been before, but I trained hard for years, and now I'm actually really proud of it. Phil looked at me for a bit longer than necessary, so I glared at him.

" Sorry, I was just absorbed by the tattoo on your ribcage."

I have a giant octopus on the lower half of my ribcage, that goes down all the way to my upper leg and wraps around it.

" Oh thanks." I said. "Next time I'll put shorts on and show you the ones on my thighs, if you want." Referring to the Harley Quin and Poison Ivy.

" Wait you have more tattoos than that ?" He asked in disbelief.

" Yeah, I got a lot done when you ..." I started.

" When I left ?" He asked feeling guilty.

I just nodded, and we went back to training. We stopped at around 5 in the afternoon.

" How about we both go home to shower ?" Phil proposed. "And I could come and take you out for dinner tonight? Nothing too fancy, do you still like Chinese food?"

" I love it, but don't waste your money on me !" I said.

" It's not a waste at all, don't worry." He smiled. "I think we have some issues to settle down. So, is 7:30 okay for you?"

" Perfect, thank you." He was leaving to the locker-room when I remembered something. "Wait Phil, do you remember how to get to my place?"

" Of course."