89 - Prism

As soon as we were both ready, we got to my car, and I let Demi drive us to the restaurant for once. As much as I love driving, it felt nice to have a nice break, and to relax in a car for once. My hand almost automatically reached her thigh, and I started rubbing little circles on it. She smiled at me, and parked the car in front of a little restaurant.

"And here we are, pretty thing." She kissed my cheek. "Are you ready for our first date?"

"Hell yeah I am." I smiled and got out of the car. "Thank you for driving too."

"Hey, don't thank me for that!" She blushed. "If anything, I should be driving more."

"I know you don't like driving at night, it's okay, I don't mind."

She smiled at me, and led me in the restaurant, a waiter seating us a few minutes later. I scanned around the place for a small moment, embracing the warmth it emitted.

"I hope you like it here?" She anxiously asked. "I searched for this place on the internet, and the pictures looked good."

"It's perfect actually." I reassured her. I wanted to hold her hand so bad, but because of the potentiality of fans being there, I just couldn't. "I like the fact that it's part cosy and part fancy."

We talked for a while, getting to know each other more, and eventually talking about Australia, our homes and families.

"Oh lord, I miss my mom you know, but my dog??" I whined. "He won't even recognize me."

"You have a dog??" She asked, excitedly. "How come you never showed me a picture!"

"I did not? Really?" I got my phone out, and searched through different conversations, to finally get a picture of baby Jack. "Here he is, the monster."

"Oh my, is that a Great Dane?" She asked, taking the phone into her hands. "He's adorable! When we ever go back to Australia, I gotta meet him."

"Of course! I didn't know you liked dogs!" I beamed. Could she be even more perfect?

"I love dogs! I have two at home." She handed me my phone back, and showed me her dogs.

"They're awesome. Oh my god, I want to meet your dogs too."

"I mean, you can meet my dogs and my parents someday." She sneakily said.

"Do you really think I'm the kind of girl you'd take to your parents?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?" She asked. "I mean, our schedules are tight and complicated, and I really like you. So yeah, if the occasion presents itself, I would like to."

"I mean." Suddenly, stress overtook my body. That was a big step, but she was right, our schedules were the most complicated they had ever been. "Yeah, why not. Are your parents aware that you're into girls?"

"Yeah, I told them, when I started realizing it. They were pretty cool about it." She smiled.

"Can I ask a personal question?" I played with my rings.

"Yeah of course, go ahead."

"How come you've never dated another girl?"

"Oh. Erm." She scratched her head. "There was a lot of homophobia and bullying going on at my school. I was already bullied for several things, and didn't feel like adding that to the list I guess." She laughed sadly. "And then I got here, and I didn't really have the time to date or anything, and some people caught my eye, but not enough that I would put in the extra effort to really make a move you know?" I nodded. "And then, there was you. I had already watched you when you were competing in ROH, and thought you were so so cool. When I learned that you'd be joining NXT, a little before I would be going there too, it felt so so good. Like we're both from the indie scene, we're both metalheads, and I'm really awkward, so I thought 'yay, I might finally be able to make a friend'." She stopped for a moment and laughed. "I never thought that we would, you know, be a tad more than that. But I'm glad. And I'll have to thank Phil again for introducing us sometime."

"Yeah, I'll have to thank him too, for once." I smiled. "And I'm really glad I met you too."

After we ate, we went to a rock bar close by, to enjoy the music, as there was a live band playing. Demi really did her researches for that date, and now I have to do even better next time. What a pressure. We stayed there for a few hours, and a few fans recognized us actually, asking for pictures and autographs. Since they were all very lovely, we happily did those, before going back to the car. Since Demi had a few drinks, I decided to drive. She was clear, and not under the influence of alcohol, but now wasn't the time to fail an alcohol test. I drove us back to the hotel, and locked the door behind us, when suddenly, Demi spoke.

"You know, I don't think I've ever kissed anyone with a lipring." She simply stated, as a fact, but it sent so much shivers down my spine, I even felt like my knees would give up. But at the same time..

"Do you want to try?" I asked as I faced her, a smile on my lips. Fuck it, I like her.

"You'd let me?" She got even closer to me, placing a hand on my hip.

"Well, if you ask politely." I bit my lip softly.

"Roxanne Colton, may I kiss you?" She asked, in a husky voice.

"Oh damn, yes please."

She placed a hand behind my head, gently, and brought my face closer to hers. The kiss was quite just a peck, and lasted for only a few seconds, but I felt as if I was melting completely. When she tried to take a step back, I captures her lips once again, wrapping my arms around her neck. She grabbed me by my hips to pull my body closer to hers, and we kept going on, until both of us were out of breath.