36- Weighted

" Let's hate what our love makes us do."

frnkiero andthe cellabration

Phil's message was kind of scaring me now. He's been acting weird ever since he broke up with Mickie. Once I came back home after eating out with the guys, I kissed my mother goodnight and went straight to my room. I sat on my bed, got in my pj's and called Phil. When he picked up his voice was hoarse, like he hadn't slept at all in days.

" What's happening with you ?" I asked instantly. "You're scaring me Phil."

" I miss you." He said, cutting me off. "I don't know why and it's fucking eating me alive and it's messing up my brain and I can't think straight anymore and I hate that."

" Phil Phil hey calm down !" I said softly. "What do you mean you miss me, I've only left yesterday."

" You don't understand." He sighed and hung up the phone.

I tried to text him through the night but eventually fell asleep on my phone. I woke up at 6:30 for my surgery, and saw that Phil didn't text me, but I had messages from the group chat telling me they wished me the best and would be there when I wake up. I went to take a shower, and then, headed straight to the hospital. The doctors didn't waste time to start the surgery, since they got the results from the tests I underwent in Baltimore. I fell asleep thanks to their anesthetic, and I woke up only hours after, in the same room I fell asleep in. My mother was there, next to the bed.

" Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asked, holding my hand. " Does it hurt?"

" It hurts a little on the inside of my knee yeah, but it's not too bad." I said, half awoken.

" Yeah, the doctors said that would happen." She said reassuringly. "You'll have to go bad to a doctor if it still hurts."

" Okay mom." I smiled. "Are you reassured "

" I'll be when you're fully healed." She winked. "Your friends are outside waiting, do you want me to let them in ?"

" Yes please."

She smiled and went to the corridor, and soon after, four little heads peaked inside, all running towards me and circling the bed, asking me tons of questions. The doctor entered the room, telling me I could be out tomorrow afternoon if all the tests are good. When the visits ended, the guys all left and promised me to come back tomorrow morning. I laid back down in my bed and checked my phone.

From Scott, 4:28 p.m

" Hey how did your surgery go?"

From Roxanne, 7:56 p.m

" Sorry for the late reply, everything went really well, thank you for your concern :)"

From Phil, 5:46 p.m

" Sorry for being rude yesterday, I just wanted to check if you were okay ?"

I decided to try and call him, hoping he wouldn't be asleep by now.

" Hello" His voice croaked from the other end of the phone.

" Oh I'm sorry, am I waking you up?" I apologized.

" Nah, I barely sleep anyways." He explained. "How did your surgery go?"

" It went good, I'm out tomorrow if the tests are good."

" Ah I'm happy for you." He yawned just after that. "I'm sorry."

" Please, tell me what's happening." I pleaded.

" I can't tell you if I don't know myself." He sighed.

" Phil please."

" I need to get things sorted out in my own head." He said. "Please give me some time, I'll talk to you I promise."

" Alright Phil." I smiled even though he couldn't see it. "I'm here whenever you need to talk, alright?"

" Yeah, thank you Roxanne." He sighed happily. "Take good care, I'll see you when I come to Sydney in two weeks."

" Of course!" I said excitedly.

" Bye, rest well." He said and then lowered his voice, probably thinking I couldn't hear him. "I love you."