72- Unrest

"Reality never hit so fucking hard"

Parkway Drive

3 weeks had passed, I found myself a really small studio in Tampa, just so I had somewhere Colby could send my stuff to, and got my car back, so I could travel alone. I was still trying to process everything right now. Not like I really had time to though. I had to appear every Friday night alongside Punk and Luke Gallows. He had started a feud with Rey Mysterio some time ago, and I had to appear as the Masked Man tonight, and interrupt their fight. I was watching Punk go down the ramp, followed by Mysterio. I suddenly felt a presence next to me, and turned my head to see Demi. We were getting along really well, and I could really call her a friend right now.

"How are you feeling, not too nervous?" She asked with a smile.

"Nah I'm good, I won't have to talk so, life is good" I imitated her smile. "And when do I get the chance to see you wrestle?"

" Actually, I came here to tell you I'll have my first match this week"

I almost didn't wait for her to finish her sentence and just hugged her, congratulating her. Her cheeks turned all kinds of red, to which I didn't really pay attention.

"Can't wait to see you beating someone else's ass." I chuckled. "Mine's getting a little tired of that."

"Come on, you say that like you don't overpower me anytime!" She laughed, her voice deep, and a little rough.

"I wouldn't say I overpower you, but I can outspeed you, that's for sure!" I turned around to see a technician waving at me and calling my name. "Oh, that's my cue, see you later?" I asked, already walking away.

"Yes, of course, you know that!"

I sent her a smile before going down the ramp, and doing my segment. I was getting really better at those kind of things, and having Phil train me on that really helped. He wasn't as hard on himself as he used to be, and he also stopped being two-faced with me, making it easier to train together. His new girlfriend, April, had a really good effect on him.

Once I did my part, I went back to the locker rooms to get changed. I slipped my Beartooth oversized hoodie back on, and hung my backpack over my shoulder. We had a long road to travel tonight, and I wanted to get started as early as I could, so I bee-lined to my car, only saying bye to Phil on my way out. As I reached the parking lot, I could hear yelling from a car nearby. I tried to listen a little, and quickly recognised Demi's voice, and one of another NXT rookie who's name I can't remember.

"Really?? And how am I supposed to find a ride now! Everyone already has their car packed, or has left already!" She argued angrily.

"I'm sorry! I just want to travel with my boyfriend, that's all!" The other girl replied. "I thought you'd be more understanding of that."

"I am! I swear, but can it wait until tomorrow, so I find someone I can carpool with?" She pleaded. "I'm sorry. I'm sure you'll find someone Demi, there's a lot of people here, just try and be social for once?" She packed the car with the other man's stuff, getting what I suppose were Demi's luggage out of her trunk. "See you in Orlando baby girl"

She blew her a kiss, and started her car, speeding out of the parking lot, leaving a fuming, and visibly stressed Demi on the spot. Now, I didn't want to make it look like I eavesdropped, but I also couldn't let her in such a state, so I just approached her, and tried to look casual.

"Hey Demi, everything's okay?" I asked, a sympathetic smile on my face.

"No, not really." She laughed, probably out of nervousness. "My usual ride just bailed on me for her fucking boyfriend, and I don't know anyone I could carpool with."

"Oh that sucks, she's such a bitch." I growled. Relationships were not holding the biggest place in my heart right now. "But hey, I've got a car? It's small, and it will probably ruin your back if you spend the night in it, but I've got comforters, and a Premium Spotify?"

"Wait, you'd travel with me?" She asked.

"I don't see why not? I hate traveling alone, and I consider you a good friend. We've gotten along well, and we won't really fight for the music."

I barely finished my sentence that I was embraced in a massive hug from her, that I reciprocated almost instantly.

"So, I consider that a yes?" I asked as I stepped away.

"Oh hell yeah, and thank you so much for that, I'll repay you, and I'll share the gas bill, I swear."

"Thank you for accepting then."

I led her to my car, and loaded her stuff in the back. I got into my seat and readjusted it, before grabbing a soft and thin comforter from the backseat.

"Make yourself at home!" I handed her my unlocked phone. "I'll let you decide on the playlist."

I started the engine and began driving to our next location.