83- Liability

"So I guess I'll go home

Into the arms of the girl I love"

Lorde

We spent at least an hour like that, holding each other, as I softly ran my fingers in her hair and her face. She woke up, still groaning in pain, and I kept caressing her head and face.

"Hey girl." I softly spoke. "How's your head."

"Still hurts like a bitch." She pushed herself up a little. "I'm so sorry, I completely fell asleep on you, I'm the worst."

"No, don't be sorry!" I smiled at her. "I liked it, and It felt nice having a little break like that. Is there anything I can do for your head?" I stroke her cheek softly, and she leaned into my hand.

"I'll just go and refresh the ice pack I think, and get some water."

She kissed the palm of my hand, and got up. She had to take a moment to stabilize herself on her feet.

"I could have done it you know." I sighed as I got up as well. "You should rest."

"I don't want to be a burden, I can do it." She assured.

"And when have I told you you were a burden Demi?" I felt my cheeks heat up a little. "I kinda, enjoy, taking care of you? And I most definitely enjoyed having you so close to me."

She turned around to face me, and quirked an eyebrow, teasingly. I bit my lip and just looked down, embarrassed.

"Come on, don't be like that." She softly grabbed my chin to get me to look up. "I'm just surprised, I didn't think you were a cuddler that's all. But I'm all for it." She brushed my cheek with her thumb. "You'll get to know, but I'm big on physical touch, and affection. I just hope that's not a problem for you?" I immediately shook my head no, probably a little too fast, and Demi chuckled. "Great then, now how about we eat something huh?" I suggested. "There's this Thai place right next door, I could just go and get something for us? I promise If someday we can stay at my place, I'll cook for you."

"I'd love that, and I'll cook with you if you let me." She smiled, before sitting back down on the bed. "And I'm all for Thai food right now, my credit card is in my backpack."

"I'll pay, don't worry." I assured her, and got my thin denim jacket, sighing mentally. This was wayyy to thin for the weather outside. "Do you know what you want?"

"I'll pay next time then." She said, not really asking a question. "And I'll have a Pad Thai if they do those please." She looked at me for a second. "Aren't you going to be cold like that? I mean, temperatures are in the negative right now."

"Oh, yeah, I'll be okay." I chuckled, a bit embarrassed. "I mean, I've been here for what, 2 years and a half, and I never bought myself a winter coat, I still don't know why."

"Take my leather jacket then." She offered. "It's not doubled or anything, but it's really heavy, and should keep you warmer."

"Are you sure Dem's?" I raised an eyebrow. "I don't want to risk damaging it or anything."

"You're just going to get food downstairs, what could happen?" She laughed softly, and man, she was pretty. "Plus, I'd rather have you safe and not sick."

I thanked her and switched jackets. Her leather jacket sure was way warmer than mine. I smiled at her one last time, and rushed to get us food. Fortunately, the place wasn't crowded at all, and I got our order in 15 minutes time. I almost ran back upstairs, and found Demi curled up in bed, asleep, holding the blanket in her arms. Her phone was still unlocked on the last thing she watched. As I made my way around the bed to wake her up gently, I heard a familiar noise from the phone. Oh, so she was watching edits of us and our match together huh. I smiled to myself, and promised that I would tease her a little about that later.

"Hey, Demi?" I stroked her hair softly. "Wakey, food's here."

She groaned a little, but rubbed her eyes, and sat up. She smiled at me, but her smile faded when she saw her phone screen. She looked at me with wide eyes, and I just smirked a little. She knew she was in for some teasing.