85 - Reincarnate

"You give a fucking aspirin a headache"

Motionless In White

As we hit the gym, the following Sunday morning, my phone buzzed, indicating a call from WWE officials. Weird, we already had our planning for next week's NXT. I showed the screen to Demi and she shrugged. I picked up and stayed close to her so she could hear.

"Oh, thank God, I'm glad you picked up, I would have gotten myself killed." The booker sighed in relief over the phone. "How are you doing Roxanne?"

"I'm great, thank you?" I said, hesitation in my voice. "Is everything okay?"

"No, well, maybe, that would depend on your answer to my next question." He started. "Is Demi Bennett close to you by any chance?"

"Yeah, she's right next to me. Want me to put you on speaker?"

"That would be great, since my call directly concerns the both of you." I did, and informed him about it. "Okay, I know this is a stretch, but would you consider going on Raw tomorrow evening? Yes, I'm perfectly aware that it would make you compete 3 times in the same week, with the pay-per-view Fastlane coming up, but I'm really desperate, a tag team just left for injury, and I need a replacement, and you're like the hottest team right now."

"Okay, slow down, what kind of match is it?" Demi asked.

"It's a tag team match, you'd be paired with Bianca Belair, as we are giving her a push, and competing against Becky Lynch, Doudrop, and Nikki A.S.H. Belair is scripted to wrestle most of the match, if you want to know, and scripted to win as well." He explained, and we just shut up and listened. "Oh, and this could have you guys a shot at WrestleMania, if the match is well received."

Wrestlemania. What the hell. I looked at Demi in the eyes, and knew that she thought the same. I mean if we really got the opportunity, one month to prepare to WrestleMania sure is a very short time, but we can make it work. This the kind of opportunity that, as a female wrestler you could get only once in your lifetime. She bit her lip while looking at me, questioning what I wanted, and I just nodded eagerly.

"Okay, we'll do it, book us for tomorrow's match."

"Oh fuck, girls, I – Thank you." He finally let out a breath. "You're the best, and I owe you one girls."

"Try to get us a spot in WrestleMania, and we'll be even." I said to him, a huge smile lacing my voice.

"I'll do my best, promise."

He hung up, and I just threw myself in Demi's arms, ecstatic. I know it wasn't done and official yet, but there could be a way. She held me tight, before we resumed our training. I was happy also about having a match in the main roster, it was great for our careers. Wrestling Becky Lynch, on the other hand, did not make me that happy.

And my fears were confirmed the next day, when she was a huge bitch to me in the locker-room. I just ignored her and rolled my eyes from time to time, only resulting in her being even more furious. She started attacking me, trying to prove that she was better than me, solely by the fact that Colby had left me for her, and everything. It burned my tongue to just scream at her, but for the sake of a potential WrestleMania moment, I did not. When it was time, we entered the match with Bianca, the second team did too, and I started in the ring. When Becky saw that I was going first, she instantly stepped in the ring. The bell rang, and I turned around to tag with Bianca, who happily entered the ring. They fought hard for the first minutes, and Rhea and I were more there to hype the audience, sometimes perform a few impressive moves to fire them up even more. I fought in-ring for a few minutes only, and so did Rhea. It then came back to Bianca and Becky fighting, and Becky started playing dirty with Bianca's braid. After the fourth or fifth time, we caught Bianca's gaze, and we quickly understood that this was not scripted at all. I took it upon myself to get in the ring, and break some holds, getting some chants from the audience. And then, there it came. The moment. I wanted to laugh so badly but I couldn't break character. Bianca used her hair to literally whip the hell out of Becky's abdomen. It looked, and sounded like it hurt. And judging by how quickly Becky escaped the ring, and ran to the gorilla, we were right. Bianca easily won the match next, and Becky shouted some stuff at her, about revenge, and blablabla. We celebrated on the ring a little, before heading backstage.

"Thank you girls for the incredible match!" Bianca said as she hugged us. "I'm so glad you were the ones replacing. I'm happy I got to work with you finally Roxanne, I love your style!"

"Oh, thank you!" I chuckled. "I hope you get yourself that title soon!"

She smiled bright and left us. I was about to head for the shower, when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, and was met with Colby's cold gaze. Oh fuck, why?