99 - The Void

"In your mind, all your demons are rattling chains"

Parkway Drive

So my way to the title began like that. Demi spent a lot of time training me in the gym, and today was no exception.

"Come on girl, let's go!" She encouraged, as I tried to outdo my max on dead-lift.

I liked training with her, because it allowed us some kind of proximity, that wouldn't be thought twice about by the other wrestlers, or fan. To the exterior eyes, she was just a very close friend spotting me. But in reality, there were whispered words, and touches that lingered for a little longer than needed.

"Hey, would you spot me while I bench press?" She asked, as we were taking a small break.

"Erm, yeah?' I hesitated. "You sure you trust me on this one?"

"Of course!"

She was always so cheerful, and especially in the gym. She just loved going there, and to be honest, I was loving it even more since I started training with her. As she positioned herself on the bench, I climbed behind her head, and started panicking a little. She could lift way heavier than me. If she failed her rep, I have no idea how I'd be able to save her.

"I literally hear your thoughts." She joked, placing her hands on the bar. "I'm not failing that rep, don't worry."

She started lifting, and I stayed in position, just to be sure. She did her first set without any trouble, and same went for the second, and third. But on her last few attempts on the last set, I could sense her becoming tired, and the reps being less and less easy. I placed my hands on the bar from under, to try and lift a little weight out of it, allowing her to finish her rep, and re-rack the bar. She sat up, wiping her forehead with a towel.

"Okay, maybe, just maybe, I got over-confident with this.' She smiled. "Thanks for not letting me die."

"I really thought I was the one that was about to die of anxiety in here." I hit her shoulder playfully.

"Nah, I knew I could trust you."

I rolled my eyes with a smile, and we moved on to some cardio, to end or session. Demi always made it seem easy, even though she always said she hated cardio.

"Fuck I hate people that look good when they do cardio." I rolled my eyes, panting a little.

"Why you saying that like it's meant for me?" She smiled.

"Yeah! Like you look good doing anything, it's unfair."

We laughed a little, and ended our session around 30 minutes later. We showered, and decided to go and hang around the show tonight, even though we were not appearing in it.

We were back on screen next week, as I started my rivalry with Becky Lynch. I gotta admit that I hated to be working with her, but taking her title did seem pretty fun. The first few weeks of feuding were basically us throwing profanities at each other, taunting the other about who's the better wrestler. We had a backstage brawl scene, that Rhea had to stop, and that brought us to the pay-per-view, and the title match that I was scheduled to win. We perfectly knew that me going after a solo title meant that our tag team with Rhea was about to break, but since she was offered opportunities too, we both accepted that fact.

As my match approached, I grew more and more nervous. Wrestling in singles meant all the light is on you, if you mess up just one thing, it's much more noticeable.

"But you're not going to mess up." Demi reassured me.

"Oh did I think out loud again?" I asked.

"No, I just know you too well." She smiled. "Now, go out there and ruin her."

I smiled and nodded, before going to the gorilla. I made my entrance first, as I was the contender, and she was champion. I smiled to myself, already knowing the ending of that match. Which didn't mean I wasn't going to pour my all into this. If this is the start of my solo career, might as well start bright, right? The beginning of the match was nothing exceptional, a lot of basic holds, and moves, but as it progressed, I realized that Becky wouldn't let go of her title that easy. I performed a lot of power moves on her, and when I got the sign of the referee indicating me that we had to make it quick, I went for the finisher. Now usually, when a finisher is done, except if the wrestler has had other orders, that means you have to let yourself get pinned, and finish the match. But Becky didn't. She got out at the count of two, and I looked at the ref in disbelief. He shook his head, indicating he didn't know what was going on.

"What the fuck Becky?" I shouted. I had to pay attention to the words I say, as to not break keyfabe for the fans in the first few rows, that could hear us.

"I'm not letting you get my title bitch."

She escaped, and left the ring, trying to stay out, and get counted. She was trying to get disqualified. I would technically win, but she'd remain champion. She couldn't hit me, since there was nothing under the ring that would get her disqualified. I ran outside to get her in the ring once again, and break the count. I secretly thanked Demi for training my strength, without it I would have never been able to do that. As I continued beating Becky up, I heard Rhea's music echoing through the room. I took advantage of this, and Becky(s surprise to pin her down. Now the way I pinned her is barely legal, as I laid all my body weight on her shoulders and neck. It doesn't hurt, but it makes it almost physically impossible to escape the pin. I let go immediately once I heard my music. Rhea climbed on the ring and hugged me, before holding my hand up in victory. Because of the scare Becky gave me, it took me a moment to realize that I made it, I was champion. 

Sorry ebveryone for the long wait, I got really busy with school and my new work !