39- Fiction

"I know you'll find your own way when I'm not with you tonight"

Avenged Sevenfold

The concert was fucking ecstatic. The encore part backstage was even fucking better. I was literally beaming right now, tears threatening to spill. I had thanked Phil almost a hundred times now, and he kept teasing me about the fact that it was not finished. The guys were coming out of stage now, after putting their instruments down. Ahren went straight to Phil and high-fived him.

" How have you been for all this time man ?" Ahren asked happily.

" Fucking well! And I can see things are not too bad for you too."

" Ah, that's the least you can say." He smiled. "But we'll talk about that further later alright ? I need a fucking shower right now. " He laughed. "Oh and hello, Roxanne, is that right ?"

I just nodded, and smiled, trying not to seem as tensed as I really was intenally.

" I'll meet you guys at the front door of the venue, is that alright ?" He asked.

" Yep, see ya."

I followed Phil out of the venue, and he kept teasing me, but I could really care less right now. We waited fr Ahren for around 15 minutes, before he arrived and tapped both of our backs.

" So where are you taking me ?" He asked.

" How about pizza, it's my treat." I announced.

" Well well well, pretty, and generous." The bassist smirked. "You've got yourself a really nice lady here Phil."

" Oh she's not my girlfriend." He said. Saying it didn't hurt would be lying.

" Well then." He wrapped an arm around my waist. "You don't mind if I push my luck a little."

" I don't, but is she okay with your filthy hands touching her allover." Phil said kind of dryly.

" Hey calm down Mister Brooks." He chuckled, his hand leaving my side. "You know I'm only joking, but you gotta admit she's a really pretty girl, any guy who's a bit into alternative girls would like to have in his bed."

Phil rolled his eyes, and drove us to the pizzeria we were used to go to. We decided it would be quieter, and easier to go back to eat at Phil's place.

" Why didn't the rest of the band come ?" I asked, hesitantly.

" Ah those fuckers are partying." Ahren said, leaning on the back of the couch. "Do you see, I'm ditching a party to hang out with you guys!"

" Oh my good sir, you're too good." Phil joked.

" And you're a bit too sassy for my liking." He paused. "Nah, actually this morning I was still shitfaced from a party that happened days ago, I think I need some rest."

We all talked for a moment, about all and anything, when the conversation turned to me.

" But who are you to Phil, I've never seen you with him before." He asked. "I would have remembered such a pretty face."

" I was his girlfriend, during high school." I said shortly.

" We started dating after you finished school." Phil continued.

" Argh, what a shame I didn't have to redo a year." He groaned. "Can I be intrusive and ask why are you two not a thing anymore."

" We got separated when I went to America, but I saw her again, because now she works in the same place as me."

I felt that Phil was tense, maybe because Ahren was sitting really close to me occasionally placing his hand on my thigh, but low enough so I wasn't uncomfortable. We realized quickly it was beginning to be really late, and Phil suggested that Ahren stayed here for the night, on the convertible couch.

" Well, I'm going to go home" I said to Phil as he was setting up the bed while Ahren was outside smoking.

" It's too late, and I don't want to drive anymore." Phil whined.

" Oh, I'll just walk myself there, don-"

" No." He interrupted me. "Too many weirdos."

"Well, I'm not going to sleep either on your carpet or with Ahren so ..." I trailed off.

" With me." He said simply. "You can sleep with me, if you're not too uncomfortable. I won't do anything I promise."

" Yeah, I guess I could do that."

I texted my mother to say I'll be staying at Phil's place and that he'll drove me back tomorrow morning. She wished me goodnight, and I put my phone down. Ahren went to sleep, and Phil and I followed soon after. I got into the pj's, that I thought of bringing. It was just a tank top and shorts, since it was way too hot. As of routine, I laid on the left side of the bed, and Phil smiled.

"What ?" I asked him.

" Nothing." He grinned and laid down next to me, as I did so. " You're cute."

I blushed hard, and felt thankful he couldn't see me. I felt him get closer to me, and even hold me. One part of me wanted to protest, while the other just felt relaxed in his arms. I finally gave in to the part that was telling me to stay here, at least for the night.