53- Want You Back

"Is it tears or just the fucking rain ?"

5 Seconds Of Summer

" I got mail from the WWE !" Colby announced as he entered the living room.

I just couldn't believe it. No, not again. Not him, I couldn't lose him. He was smiling while I felt like my insides were ripped apart.

" Well, what does it say ?" Scott inquired. "Open it, don't leave us hanging !"

He finally cut it open, and what I dreaded arrived. Colby is a really talented wrestler, and soon that was bound to happen. WWE took interest in him and would want him to come for a test, and probably sign a contract. I wanted to cry and scream like never but I couldn't. It was his dream, and he was happy, just like Phil was, I had no right to take that from him.

" You haven't said anything Roxanne, is everything okay ?" Colby remarked.

" Yeah, I just don't know what to say." I half lied. "I'm really proud of you Colby."

I got up and hugged him. As soon as he left, I went straight to our room, and cried for a solid 15 minutes, hoping he would not come in. When I finally began to calm down, I heard a soft knock on the door.

" Hey, it's Scott, can I come in ?"

" Yes, is Colby back ?" I asked.

" No, he's still out on grocery shopping, want me to call him ?" He suggested.

" Actually no, I'd rather not."

He entered the room and sat on the bed next to me. He instantly hugged me and patted my back, trying to reassure me.

" It'll be okay Roxy, I promise." He whispered.

" I can't lose him Scott." I sobbed. "Not like I lost Phil."

" You know that's not going to happen right ?" He asked me. "And you also know you have not lost Phil ?".

" We barely even talk now, I don't want that to happen anymore." I sighed.

" Let me tell you one thing, if you went back waltzing into Phil's life right now, he would accept it gladly." I looked at him questioningly. "He would always tell me about you, and even now, when we call he's always asking how you're doing. He doesn't want to lose you completely, trust me." I let out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding. "And you won't lose Colby because you both love each other deeply."

" Well then, why wouldn't Phil contact me ?" I asked, confused.

" Because he's a dumb fuck that thinks your life will be easier without him in the picture." He rolled his eyes. "Things will be fine Roxanne, I promise you. But you'll have to tell Colby all that, you know? All those feelings that have been bottling up for way too long." He gave me a warm smile.

" I will, I promise." I hugged him.

" And you know, I know something that could help us both." He smirked.

" What are you talking about ?" I raised an eyebrow.

" Maybe its time for us to try out for WWE ?"

I smiled like a fool at that. He had never considered the idea seriously, and hearing him say that was one of the biggest reassurement ever. Once Colby got back home, Scott said he would put away the groceries. I asked Colby to come in our bedroom, and explained to him everything I told Scott. He also spent a good 30 minutes reassuring me, telling me we would be fine, and he was thrilled, to say the least, when I said we would eventually try out for WWE. Maybe Scott was right, and I just had to get everything out of my system.

"We'll be fine alright ?" He rubbed my back and kissed my temple. "And we're not even sure I'll get to WWE"

But he was wrong, he got into WWE on the first try. No training center for him, straight to NXT. Not the main roster but still.

Right after, we applied with Scott, and waited a few weeks before receiving a letter from the training center saying that they'd like to interview and test us to see if we could fit in.

So here we were, on December 1st, on a flight to Florida. I was as nervous as I ever were, probably more than when I applied to ROH. I haven't seen Phil in almost a year, and haven't seen Colby for 2 months, which is technically not a lot, but since we used to live together, it causes a lot of emptiness in my chest. I'm not even sure he'll be at the training center but oh well. I know there are shows there this week, and that's why they asked us to come here. Colby got himself a small flat in Davenport, Iowa, to be closer to his family. Judging on what he told me, the functioning is a little different here. The superstars stay in the same town for the week, since basically all the shows are around the same place. They then take to plane straight to another city, without going back home in between. They only go home when their promotion has ended, or they're not being booked for matches for a few weeks. I was shaking during the whole flight. As much as I tried not to get my hopes up too high, I still couldn't believe we were trying out for WWE, at one of their training center, filled with other talented Superstars, and maybe even other rookies. When we landed, we took a cab to the arena, which was a solid 20 minutes drive. When we arrived we were greeted by none other than the COO and his wife, Stephanie. They straight up showed us where to change, and told us that 2 pros were going to wrestle against us to test us. I overheard Stephanie talking about how she saw me on shows, and how I could be great for ECW. Even though I didn't know what it was yet, I was even more motivated to do the best I could.