6- Second & Sebring

"This is not what it is, only baby scars"

Of Mice & Men

Tuesday, the day of the week I despise the less. This afternoon I have my weekly JuiJitsu lesson. I've taken lessons since I'm barely 9 years old. And today my teacher is supposed to give me an initiation to wrestling, to see if I could join those lessons later on. My mother is already okay with that. I haven't told Michael or the others, they would probably get mad, as they already don't like me doing a combat sport. I know wrestling is all scripted, but it's really physical too, and it can lead to injuries that are not fake at all. I've grown up with wrestling since my mother was a big fan, and as a little girl, I told myself that one day I would be one of those strong women on the ring. Well before starting to daydream about my evening, I should get through the day. I got dressed up, it was really really warm outside, and also prepared my bag for my training later, since I go there right after school. I walked to school as usual, except that I was alone today, since Michael started on second period only. I didn't mind some alone time from time to time to be honest. I love Michael, that's not the problem. I just need it sometimes. First and second period were math, with Luke sitting next to me. I literally spent two hours wondering why Michael says he could remind me of Phil. Maybe because they're both blonde? But Phil had his hair bleached, while I think Luke is a natural blonde? They are the opposite of each other. Phil was a Punk, always in trouble, fighting with other kids. But on the inside he was a big nerd. We loved to play video games or read comics together for hours straight in silence. I don't think Luke is the punk type, he seems like a sweet and shy guy, not the one who would get everyone's attention. But like we said with Mike, we don't know him yet. Well, enough thinking about Phil, he's on the other side of the planet now. Phil and I loved each other a lot, but one day he left for the USA, without telling me a word about it. I woke up, and he was just ... gone. The bell rang, getting me out of my daydream. I went searching for Michael and Calum, Luke probably close to me. I felt a tap on my shoulder. Speaking of the Devil.

" Hey, I wanted to apologize for Sunday." He said scratching the back of his neck. " I really didn't want you to think I was here to take your place in the band. It is your band, I was just here because I love music and Cal invited me."

"It's okay, I can believe you meant no harm." I gave him a slight smile, the first since we met.

" Oh, thank God, I was afraid you would hate me even more than before."

He laughed and we went together searching for the guys. We found them in our usual spot. As soon as we arrived they looked at me and went dead silent. I don't like this, I don't like this at all.

" What are you hiding from me you fools ?" I asked dryly.

" Nothing" Mike stuttered.

" It's just that it's weird for us to see you and Luke next to each other." Calum saved.

" Well, you know, you just have to come in math class and you'll be able to see." Luke commented.

They proceeded to change the subject a bit too quickly for my liking. But I'll soon find my way out of this, Michael cannot hold his tongue in front of me. Next class we had was Biology for two hours. This was like the longest period ever. And it's right before lunch, making it worse. The only good thing is that Biology is a class I quite like, especially when we're talking about the human body. I had this class with Michael, Calum and Luke. I sat between Mikey and Cal, and Luke next to Cal. The day was going at a snail pace. Or even worse than that. I think I was just too excited to go and try wrestling later. Once the period ended, we all went to get some lunch, and quickly went back to school. We had philosophy right now. Then I had Chemistry alone, and finally, French with Calum. When the bell rang after last period, I almost knocked Cal out of his chair, as I ran towards the exit. I completed the distance to the sportshall in no time. My teacher, the great Daniel Wanderley was only finishing his previous training, so I decided to go and get changed in the mean time. I stepped out of the cabin to put my clothes in my locker, when I bumped into someone. Too lost in thought I just mumbled an apology and headed to the room, from which little children were excitedly leaving. I came to my teacher and greeted him.

" Are you ready for your first wrestling lesson ?" He asked with a smile.

" Of course !" I cheered. "I've been waiting for that for weeks, but, I didn't know you could wrestle ?"

" Well I can, but only the basics, that's why I have someone here to help me." He explained. "He will only watch this lesson, since I can teach you for today, but if you desire to continue on the way of wrestling, he will be more capable than me to help you, Roxanne."

" Well, thank you, for making a pro wrestler come here just for me !"

" It's okay, he's an old student, and he's here for the two upcoming months." He told me. "That's why I talked to you about that only right now. Okay now, can we start?"

" Of course !"

First, he told me about the hand and arm placement, or where to grab and push without hurting. After a good 20 minutes of that, we learned how to fall. All the experience I've acquired while doing Brazilian JiuJitsu is really helping me get the better out of me right now. He then proceeded to explain to me some simple moves. We ended up staying 30 minutes more than a usual lesson, but it was totally worth it. Only at the end of the lesson I saw that there was someone on the bench, but he quickly left the room once we were finished. I thanked my teacher once again, and went to get changed.

" So, Roxanne !" He yelled after me. "Next week ? Same day same hour ?"

" I'll be there !"