73- 1x1

"Got a brain like a hurricane"

Bring Me The Horizon

Driving all night was so much less of a burden with Demi by my side. She was great conversation, and had amazing taste in music. She was easy to talk to, and her laugh lit up the car every time.

"You did what? Oh my god I can't believe you!" She laughed after I counted her all the times we woke up Calum in annoying ways.

"I've had my bitchy days, I got to admit that." I said sheepishly. "I was such a pain in the ass in high school, you can't even imagine."

"I just knew you were the rebellious type." She smiled.

"Oh, are we judging on looks now?" I raised an eyebrow, obviously teasing her.

"N-No, I didn't mean it that way, I'm not judging you!" She instantly started apologizing.

"Easy, I'm messing with you Demi." I smiled at her briefly. "And you, what were you like in highschool?"

"You want to know about me?" She asked, surprised.

"Well yeah, of course, I told you before, you interest me." I smiled and left the highway to get to a restaurant on the side of the road. "But before I need coffee, and to eat something. Come on, my treat."

I parked the car, and lead my friend to the small restaurant. It wasn't much, but I just really needed to stuff my stomach and get my dose of caffeine, so it would do. We both ate enough to get us through the 3 remaining hours, and got a coffee to drink in the car.

"So, where were we?" I asked as I went back to driving. "Oh yeah, high school Demi Bennett."

"Ah, I'm not good when it comes to talking about me." She blushed. "I guess I was your average sporty student. Not like a jock or anything, I wasn't an asshole, really. I just spent more time doing various kinds of sports than really studying I guess."

"That's cool! You should tell me more about yourself, you really are an interesting person Demi." I said sincerely.

"Ah, shut up now."

The car fell silent for a few minutes, before she spoke up. Little did I know that it took her all the courage in the world to ask those few simple words.

"Can I ask a kinda personal question?" She said softly while playing with the blanket.

"I mean, yes, go ahead?" I frowned, unable to anticipate what she'd be asking about.

"Are you and Phil, uh, a thing?" He cheeks grew red, but it went unnoticed in the darkness of the car.

"Oh, shit, I thought you were going to start asking deep dark questions." I laughed audibly. "We used to be, like years ago, our past is really complicated, and I'm not about to bore you with all that, I kinda want you to keep carpooling with me you know?" I chuckled. "So yeah, we used to be a thing, but not anymore, and any tension that remained between us is definitely gone for good. Why that?"

"Oh, it's just that with all of the pet names he gives you, I just thought..." She bit her lip. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't assume things."

"Don't worry so much Demi." I reassured her. "I can understand you'd think that, you're not the only one. But no, we're only really close friends, and he's almost always been there for me. I do owe him a lot too. I'm sorry if you shipped us, but that ain't real."

She laughed and punched my arm a little. The last hour separating us from the hotel went by in a flash, and I never felt so energized after driving three hours across the country.

"Do you need a place to sleep as well?" I asked as I checked in.

"Well I was supposed to sleep with my friend, but she ditched me." She shrugged. "I'll find something, don't worry."

"Yeah, stop being silly for once in your life, oh my god!"

I grabbed her hand and led her to my hotel room with me. Like hell I was letting her outside in the cold night.

"Roxanne, you really don't have to do that." She said as I closed the door behind us.

"Shush, and get some rest." I said as I hung up my jacket. "Ah, I really hope there wasn't any pictures taken of the both of us, or people will reaaaally get the wrong idea." I laughed.

We both got in our sleeping gear, and crashed into our respective sides of the queen sized bed, trying to get the most sleep we could before starting our day.