98 - Scars

"Your scars mean more than anything"

LANDMVRKS

During the drive to the doctors office, I couldn't stop playing with my hands out of nervousness. I was scared that something was really wrong with me, that I wouldn't be medically clear for a long time, or worse.

"Hey, I can literally hear your brain going 100 miles a minute." Demi spoke in her softest voice, as she parked in front of the clinic. "I'm sure it's nothing, and it just needs a little rest, and the appropriate treatment."

I nodded and gave her a weak smile, before leaving the car. On the short way, our hands brushed a lot against each other, but we were still unsure about how to act, so we tried not making anything obvious, if we were to encounter fans. I checked in at the counter for my appointment, and was soon called by the doctor. Demi had to stay in the waiting room, and I hated it. I kind of didn't know if I wished for her to be with me or not, if there were bad news. Like I would want her as moral support, but I also don't want her to see me crack.

The doctor started examining my eye, and nose, then paused for a moment.

"So, Miss Colton right?" He asked, and I hummed in agreement. "I understand you're a sports entertainer, and this happened after a violent shock directly in your face right? I'm just trying to recall everything the medic told me." I nodded once again. "I think your nose is indeed broken, but it's clean, and should heal easily. Now, concerning your eye, I do not think that there is a big head trauma we should be concerned about. Did you throw up, or fell unconscious after the hit?"

"No." I answered simply. "I was a bit shaken for a moment, but that's all."

"I think one of your nerves has taken a shock, and needs some time to heal." He signed some paperwork and handed it to me. "Unfortunately, that means that you're now prone to those pains. I would still want you to get a head scan, so that I can be sure I didn't miss anything."

"Oh, alright." I nodded, a bit relieved still. "But what do you mean by "prone to those pains"?" I asked, a bit anxious.

"It means that I think your nerve is damaged, and that another hit like this, or even too much stress, or fatigue, could lead in you being in pain." He explained simply. "We call these 'ophtalmic migraines' and they're one of the worst kind of migraines. If they ever come back, you can take some painkillers, but most importantly try and stay in a calm and dark environment, just rest can help them be less painful." He smiled at me, a soft and warm smile. "If the head scan doesn't revel anything new, then you'll be clear to wrestle in 4 weeks, once your nose is healed."

He then treated my nose, explaining how to do the bandages, and how to treat the bruises. He also advised me to go get the scan today, and directly call him once I had the results. I thanked him and left, getting Demi back from the waiting room.

"So, what did he say???" She asked, probably as anxious as me.

"I have to undergo a head scan, just to be sure that everything is clear." I smiled at her. "One of my nerves is a little damaged, but I should be fine. And my nose definitely is broken."

She chuckled a little, and smiled, a relieved smile. We went back to the car, and she drove me to the hospital, to get my scan. Fortunately for me, it was pretty quick, and the results were too. I let out the biggest sigh when the doctors told me I was fine, and didn't need extensive treatment or anything, just a little rest.

So that is what I did once we were back to the hotel. I just laid down close to Demi, and she held me tight. I just found so much comfort in those kind of moments. Gosh, I loved her so much.

She woke me up an hour or so later, so I could have time to get prepared to go to the show. We weren't wrestling, but we loved going there when we could, and when we weren't too tired to move.

"Do you need me to redo the bandage on your nose love?" She asked, as she changed from her tank top to an oversized shirt, to better match the night air of June. "It kind of came loose because of your nap."

"I mean, if you'd be willing to, I'm not going to say no." I smiled, and changed as well.

I followed her to the bathroom, and sat on the counter, watching as she moved to be between my legs. With expert hands, she changed the bandage on my nose, without even hurting me. I was really glad she did it, because my fine motor skills are shit, and I would have ended up doing more damage. We decided to then walk to the arena, as it was only ten minutes away. As soon as we got there, I was called by one of the bookers.

"Oh my god Roxanne I'm so happy to see you!" He exclaimed. "Can we have a chat??"

"Well, yeah, of course?" I chuckled as he tried to catch his breath. "Am I in trouble?"

"Absolutely not!" He smiled. "We actually want to give you a shot for the Raw Women's Championship."

"What?" I asked, in disbelief.

"People absolutely LOVE the rivalry with Becky!" He exclaimed. "And they love you even more. So, are you doing it? You can continue being in a team for now, and for some time after getting the title. We'll decide what happens for the two of you later. For now, Becky is supposed to win the championship from Bianca in two weeks. Right after tat you'd be starting a rivalry, for a few weeks, until you're clear to wrestle again. You should probably go back by the doctor's office too."

"Y-Yeah, I was headed there actually." I was still a bit starstruck at all of these informations."But I will compete for the title."