65- The New National Anthem

"You hold my attention without even trying"

Pierce The Veil

Colby was absolutely right, his mom is a sweetheart. His father didn't talk much but he looked happy, and his brother and his girlfriend are adorable as well. I didn't get a lot of questions for the moment, but Colby was undergoing a full blown questioning. Apparently he hasn't been home for a few months as well, so that's understandable. I was listening to every of Colby's words, but froze when he mentioned Phil. Apparently, in the neat future, he was going to create a team composed of Colby, and 2 other people. Oh so he wasn't dead, good thing. I tried to push in the back of my mind the fact that I would have to see him again, and I quite frankly haven't been watching WWE for a moment, being really occupied by training, and when I got back home, I was often to tired to even keep my eyes open. I think that hearing his name just reminded me that I'll have to see him, and rub shoulders with him soon enough. I stopped daydreaming just in time to see Holly, Colby's mother turn to me.

"And what about you Roxanne ?" She asked. "I've only heard about you what my son tells me. You came from Australia am I correct?" I just nodded and smiled. "And how did you get here ?"

" That's a really long story." I laughed. "To sum up things, Phil was my friend back when he lived in Australia, and I got to train with him for a few months. He introduced me to someone in RoH and I just basically got a job interview." I finally dared to look up. "That's how it all started, and also how I met Colby."

" You've always wanted to be a wrestler ?" His brother asked. "Just like him ?"

" Well, yeah, I guess, I was doing Jujitsu before starting to wrestle. And even before that I was in a band with my best friends."

" Wow Colby, you got yourself the perfect lady according to your type." Brandon's girlfriend added, and then turned to me. "He would always say he was into the alternative type, and that his future girlfriend would either be a musician or a wrestler. Well, he got a mixture of both."

I blushed and Colby did as well a little, but laughing it off. As the subject drifted to Brandon, Colby placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed little circles. We spent the night laughing, eating and playing silly games. When midnight arrived, everyone kissed and hugged, and sent texts and called their friends. My first text was to the group chat, and then to my mother, and finally Scott. It's just when I was about to send a text to Colby that I realized how dumb it was, but also how lucky I was. In a sudden rush of confidence I walked to him, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. It took him a second to respond but he eventually did, his hands finding their way to my waist. Once we parted I looked up at him and he brought my head to his chest as we slowdanced. And I swear I never felt more at peace than now. We went back to eat dessert, and share our New Year resolutions. At around 3 in the morning, we drove back, and I insisted on driving, since Colby had a few drinks, and was pretty tired.

" Baby, you know I can drive." He whined. "I want the night to be perfect."

" The night is already perfect." I reassured him. "But if you want you can still carry me to the bedroom after." I teased and winked.

The road back was pretty easy and I had memorized most of it, and thankfully, cause Colby had fallen asleep as soon as I started the car. I woke him up by shaking his shoulder lightly, and he just groaned and turned around. I chuckled and continued until he finally opened his eyes.

" Did I really fall asleep under 15 minutes ?" He asked, yawning.

" Well, I would even say you fell asleep in 5 minutes." I chuckled.

" Oh fuck, I'm really sorry." He facepalmed. "Now let me carry you."

" I was saying that as a joke Colby."

" Well, I wasn't."

He got out of the car, and to my door, and carried me bridal style to the door, and then to the bedroom. He put me on the bed, and climbed on top of me, his hands on each side of my head.

" What do you say we start this new year right ?" He smirked at me.

" You read my mind babe." I winked.

" Oh fuck, I love you." He grunted.

He shifted us so I was on top of him, and started kissing me hungrily, sliding off my top in the process. His hands were roaming my body, and his lips were firmly attached to my neck. I had never felt more wanted than that night.