68- Growing Pains

" In the back of my mind where I question myself

I dwell on the past just like everyone else"

Neck Deep

The shows were hectic, the rhythm was hectic, hell, the whole fucking week was hectic, and now here we were, Friday Night Smackdown. I was really excited to see Phil in his heel role, and also to see Jeff, as we were becoming friends. We had trained together with Jon and Colby this week, and he was really fun to be around. But he knows that he is going to lose the career match next week, and I feel really sad. He's just being suspended, but still doesn't know if he'll come back soon. We were now watching the shows on screens with Colby. I was in front of him, my back against his torso, his hands wrapped around my waist. Jeff was on commentary, and Punk arrived, starting of with a Laius on how straight-edge was the best and everything, to go on with attacking Jeff personally. And judging by Jeff's face, that part wasn't scripted at all. He got up on the ring, and they started getting at each other, Punk taking none of his shit. I know Phil, and yeah I'm not talking about the wrestler but the person, can be a bitch, but I didn't think he would go as far as that. They then announced the stipulation for next week's match, and the show ended like that. I went to salute Jeff with Colby as he entered the backstage, and decided to just wave at Phil. He just annoys me so much sometimes. We talked a little with Jeff, before going back to the hotel. Colby has a show tomorrow, and then in two weeks, I'll be starting the feud with Punk.

" Are you really going to have to shave your head ?" Colby asked as we were walking to the hotel.

" Yeah, I guess I do." I chuckled. "Well, it could have been a lot worse actually, I have already thought about shaving my head before."

" I like your hair a lot." He started. "But I have to admit I'm curious about how you'd look with a shaved head."

Life on the road was pretty exhausting. Since we weren't big superstars, we had to do all the road by car.

" It's actually pretty relieving that you're here." Colby yawned. "Before I would have to do all that road alone, but now we can share." He smiled. "And thank you also, for accepting to travel with me."

" Why wouldn't I ?" I asked.

" Because I can be a real pain in the ass, and you know that better than everyone."

The week went like that, and we were so happy to sleep on Monday evening, that we didn't even go to the show, since neither of us had to make an appearance. We even decided to treat ourselves and go eat out, before literally crashing onto the bed.

" So, how was your first week ?" Colby asked as he wrapped his arms around me, and I put my head on his torso. "Is it like anything you thought?"

"It was pretty damn exhausting." I laughed. "But it's my dream, and yeah, it is everything I ever wanted."

We stayed like that for an hour or two, just casually talking, kissing and cuddling, before falling into slumber.

We woke up early, to go get breakfast before it would get crowded, and then hit the gym.

All the following weeks just kinda resembled each other, except for the fact that I was gradually growing more and more nervous as the days passed.