𝐉.𝐓. 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐮𝐭𝐨 , 𝐏𝐇𝐈

(Requested)
Veronica's POV

Tonight, I was going on a date with my boyfriend, Jacob. This was our second date so far since we've been dating.

    It's been a great 2 months dating Jacob but he never kissed me. I never said anything about because maybe he just wants to take things slow since his last relationship. I wasn't blaming him for no kissing me in these past 8 weeks but I just wish he could.

   Jacob said we were going out somewhere classy and fancy so I kept it like that. I wore a long, navy blue, no sleeves dress with a slit on my left thigh. I also wore some white heels as well. Our date was at 7:30 and it was about 7:01 right now.

    "Vi! We're leaving c'mon babe!" Jacob yelled. "I know, be there in a second!" I yelled back.

I walked down the steps of our stairs and Jacob looked stunned. "Vi, you look gorgeous babe." Jacob complimented, while spinning me around. I giggled then smiled at him, we held eye contact for a few seconds till I felt myself leaning in.

   "Alright, let's go before we're late." He said letting me go.

The car ride wasn't awkward, just a little quiet. The radio was only playing some top 10 songs while Jacob and I sat there, quiet.

    I wanted to say something, but I couldn't just get it out of my throat. I coughed, and he turned to me. "Hm?" He murmured.

   "What?" I asked. "Nothing.." He shuffled his body away from me.

  Was he really being awkward because I leaned in a bit because I thought we were going to kiss? If it was for anything like that then it's childish. We finally arrived at the dinner place, it was definitely elegant and expensive.

   The waitress leant us to our table, and rung us up for drinks.

  Once we got our drinks, Jacob still hadn't said anything since the waitresses asked us what drinks we wanted.

   "Why're you ignoring me? This is literally our second date since we've been dating. So literally why're you bring awkward?" I spoke up.

   He stared blankly, and finally said something. "I don't know.. I'm sorry Vi." He apologized. "You're okay.." I mumbled.

  We had finished our meal and also paid for the check, well Jacob paid. When I was going on my passenger side to open my door, suddenly Jacob opened the door for me.

   I shrugged it off and just got in. Jacob was being oddly sweet to me after I said something about him ignoring me. The car ride was again silent but I wouldn't get on his nerves right now.

  We made it to my house and he opened his door again, to open mine. I stepped out of my door and was confused. "Veronica." He spoke.

   "Jacob?" I responded. "I know it's only been our second date Vi, but- I know this might be-." He said, then sighed. Was he going to tell me he loves me or was he going to break up with me?

  "Jacob are you breaking up with me?" I asked, almost on the verge of tears. I know it might be dumb to cry, but I loved Jacob.

   Wait, did I just say I love Jacob? This could end really good or really bad. "Veronica Isabelle Williams, these past five months with you have been amazing, dating and not. I've been with you long enough to finally realize. I love you Vi." He said.

Oh my god, was I dreaming? "I- I don't know what to say. Are you being serious Jacob?" I asked. I needed to know so I don't make myself look like an idiot saying 'I love you' with him laughing and saying it was a joke.

   "Yes! Veronica, I've realized since our first date I loved you! You're my everything Vi." He sighed.

I could feel words wanting to come out of my throat, but just couldn't. Jacob slowly started to walk away to his car, leaving me alone on my front porch. I couldn't wait now, I don't need to throw this relationship down the drain! "I love you too Jacob!" I blurted out.

   He stopped walking then stood there. He turned around and was smiling so hard. He came, running up to me, and scooping me up into his arms.

Uh oh, here we are again with the eye contact. If we were going to kiss, I didn't wanna be the first to lean in. Jacob started slowly leaning in till where we were practically touching noses.

    I leaned in some more, till our lips collided. Oh my god, I was actually kissing Jacob right now! We held the kiss for a few more moments till he pulled away. "I love you so much Vi." He said testing his head on mind.

"I love you too, Jacob." I smiled, resting my head on his as well. We held our heads together for a few more moments till he put me down on my feet. "K, I gotta go Vi. I love you and goodnight!" He said rushing back to his car, which is still fully powered on, running and everything.

   Once he entered back into his car, I giggled to myself. That was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

    Time skip- 4 years later

My boyfriend of now 4 years, is now having his last game of the regular season until the Phillies go into the post-season wild card games. I was beyond excited because I really hoped they were going to win today, so I don't have to deal with an angry Jacob.

   I was sitting with all the WAGS close near the backstop while Jacob was on deck.

The game was 3-0 with the Phillies ahead of the Washington Nationals. Jean Segura had gotten walked to first base, which advanced Rhys Hoskins to second base.

   The first pitch to Jacob was on the edge of the strike zone, being called a strike. The count was now 2-2 with the pitcher doing his change up. Jacob had gotten a base hit and clapped his hands on first.

The game was over with a successful win over the Washington Nationals, 6-1. Jacob had texted me and told me to meet him by the pitching mound, I was confused by still made my way down there.

   I told the WAGS, I'd be right back and walked away. I saw Jacob standing there, as nervous as ever. With teammates watching us as well.

  "Veronica." He spoke. "Jacob!" I responded. "Veronica, we've been together for 4 years now about to be 5 in 4 months. I love you Veronica Isabelle Williams. So, will you have the honor of being my wife?" Jacob said, now on one knee.

   I put my hands over my mouth, in excitement. "Oh my god, yes! Yes, yes, oh my god just yes!" I shouted, letting him put the ring on my finger then jumping into his arms.  I could not wait for this wedding.

   a/n: requested and i was supposed to finish last night but I got caught up in some work! But yes I tried to take a turn on the first kiss sort of.. anyways love izzy!!!!