𝐆𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐫 𝐇𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 , 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐈

𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

First day of summer, the day where kids were free from school— the day where Gunnar, and his good ole' teammate Adley Rutschman had to host a baseball camp with a bunch of middle school boys. Needless to say, Gunnar wasn't in too much of a mood to deal with a bunch of sassy 14 year old boys, but that's why their manager, Brandon Hyde, made both young stars give eachother company.

Adley and Gunnar were already at the camp, which was at a college field in Maryland, but Gunnar didn't recall which one. He didn't really care for this type of stuff.

"Ready for some weird kids?" Adley asked Gunnar who was staring off into the distant of the morning sky while the two stood at the home plate. Gunnar turned his head at Adley in confusion.

"Huh?" Was all Gunnar had to say to make Adley chuckle.

Adley just shook his head at Gunnar, "You're not a morning person so I'm not gonna' bother to hold a conversation with you, right now." He said, making his way to the dug out.

Gunnar shrugged at Adley's back in response, he couldn't blame Adley for getting away from him— Gunnar did stay up until 3 a.m, sort of keeping Adley up while he played on the game with his other teammate Cedric Mullens for awhile.

Gunnar just sat down in the visitors dugout, patiently waiting for his assistant to come tell him when him and Adley could go head over to the entrance and greet the parents or guardians of the kids who signed up.

Just as Adley walked back up the stairs of the dugout to meet back with Gunnar, both of their assistants came to them.

"Time just ticked to 12:00 p.m, you both can head over to the entrance now. Everything is set up, and tidied to be organized. DO NOT go making a mess.... Gunnar that warning was for you, since you enjoy being a child." Adley's assistant, Raelynn, spoke with a sassy tone.

"Yeah yeah, leave me alone, Raymond." Gunnar laughed back.

"It's Raelynn." The female assistant spoke, with pure annoyance towards the immature boy.

"I don't care to remember allat', come on Rutsch." Gunnar replied, with a pure expression of nonchalant sarcasm.

Raelynn huffed as Gunnar's assistant, William, laughed at her expression. Once the boys were far enough from the two assistants, and closer to their destination, Gunnar spoke up.

"Told you— you should've gotten a male assistant."  Gunnar told Adley, as he shook his head just thinking about the conversation.

"What—? You're younger than me! I've been in this league longer than you, what do you mean you told me what assistant I 'should've' got. Plus Rae is actually decent if you're a good person." Adley spoke while pushing Gunnar's hat off, making the younger boy crouch down to pick it up.

Gunnar rustled his hat back in his head to his perfection while glaring at Adley. "Be quiet. You're right, you ARE the old one. Oldey. Go retire or something." He said, while huffing.

"PLUS— I am a good person, just takes one to be one. You even call her a nickname, ewww!!! You got a thing for missy?" Gunnar teased as his spoke in a childish voice.

Adley hushed Gunnar once again but this time— Adley taking off his hat and hitting Gunnar with it. Gunnar and Adley eventually reached the table and chairs they were supposed to be at 10 minutes before, seeing an enormous line full of young families. 

"You can do the greeting since you're such a good person." Adley told Gunnar as Gunnar was baffled by the amount of people.

"Bro." Gunnar mumbled under his voice as he began greeting the first family with a kinder, louder voice.