Toy merchant/Anne x Reader oneshot

Anne my beloved

Warnings: Mentions of verbal abuse, slight mentions of abandonment, tiny mention of child neglect

Story type: Reverse-comfort, semi-angst, fluffy ending

Characters/pairings: Anne - "Toy merchant" x (Gender neutral) Reader

It wasn't often you ever saw Anne cry, the woman was strong willed and tough despite her timidity

It wasn't often you ever saw Anne cry, the woman was strong willed and tough despite her timidity. But no one can stay away from negative emotions forever and she had ended up crying in your arms. You gently held her, letting her snuggle into you all she needs. "Bad dream?" you questioned as she slightly nodded, you sighed as you kissed her forehead and wiped away her tears. "Do you wanna talk about it?" The eyes that were once staring back at yours averted themselves as she tilted her head down, "Just about my family, don't worry about it love." You grabbed her chin lifting her head back up, "Anne, listen to me okay? I know your father hurt you, i know he's said a lot of things that did hurt you and that you believed for awhile and maybe still believe, and i know i can't fix it all with just these words but i'll still say them." You paused to take a breath, "You're an absolutely gorgeous, talented, wanted, useful, and perfect woman. You're deserving of so much more then you realize Anne, and i'm not leaving either, I'm here and i'm staying right here." Anne's shocked and sad expression soon changed into a small smile as she rubbed her eyes. "Thank you doll, you always know ways to try and cheer me up." She sighed and snuggled into you more, "Please, just let me hold you for a little bit longer doll..." You smiled back and held her tighter "Of course, for as long as you'd like." And so there you sat, holding one another until the morning sun.